Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Any information on this vintage charcoal caddy?  (Read 459 times)

Cellar2ful

Any information on this vintage charcoal caddy?
« on: June 14, 2019, 07:30:27 AM »

I picked up this charcoal caddy a few months ago on Ebay.  It's not a Weber but I liked the cartoon character on it. Anyone have any information as to its age or name of the character on it?

Reminded me of the "Charky", the character on the 1957 Weber Catalog.

This brochure/catalog came with the new Weber kettle my Grandma received for a wedding gift in 1957. Unfortunately the kettle is long gone but she saved this paperwork. Needless to say I was pretty excited when she gave it to me! I used photoshop and turned a couple pages from it into a poster for my garage. I thought the cover art was interesting, Charky instead of Topper. Anyway, unsure if any paperwork like this has been posted before so I figured I'd share it with you guys...

I also have my Dad's BBQ apron that has a similar character on it.  It is from the 60's.       @Walchit
« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 07:39:37 AM by Cellar2ful »
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
Re: Any information on this vintage charcoal caddy?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2019, 07:54:04 AM »
Unfortunately, I have no information.  Just wanted to say it looks pretty cool.
regards,
Hal

Walchit

• WKC Performer
Re: Any information on this vintage charcoal caddy?
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2019, 09:01:12 AM »
Just remembered I left mine sitting outside and it rained this morning, the sticker is still on there luckily.
Just picked it up yesterday when I went to kc to grab a gasser.

The handles look kinda like copper, Idk if its some kind of a plating or what. Some kind of brass? I'm not really a metal expert. Lol.

Idk if these tools came with it originally, I thought the handles were plastic, but they are actually painted wood. The charky like guy only has two prongs on his fork, but that doesn't mean anything.

Would be cool to know the back story on these. I almost forgot about talking to the lady that had it until I was looking at those meet up pics and saw yours, I lucked out and she met me right down the street from where I picked up the gasser.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 09:03:52 AM by Walchit »