Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Lantern collection  (Read 6355 times)

bladz

• WKC Ranger
Lantern collection
« on: June 12, 2019, 06:17:55 PM »
After a grueling couple years my lantern collection is finally complete.
Thanks to the members who helped me out. I couldn’t have done it without you.
Tip of the hat to these guys
@AnyThingGrilled
@Bodhi
@Bob BQ

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 06:24:10 PM by bladz »

Grillagin

• WKC Ranger
Re: Lantern collection
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2019, 06:29:32 PM »
Congrats, Dennis!  Good looking set.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2019, 06:45:11 PM »
Awesome, very happy for you

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

bear

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2019, 03:03:28 AM »
Congratulations mate

Walchit

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2019, 03:16:23 AM »
You got a whole cabinet full of cool stuff!

RRRanger99

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2019, 06:11:05 AM »
Congrats Dennis, the completed set looks awesome all together like that! Looks like a Weber shelf display at a retailer. Props to the grate grill fellas for the assist.

bladz

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2019, 10:07:32 AM »
@Shoestringshop  had a large part in filling up my cabinet after the St. Patrick’s Day Cook Off Contest. Thanks again Dan, and all the other prize donors.

RRRanger99

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2019, 06:41:40 AM »
...And, along with @jdorn, you have the Red, the White & the elusive Blue lanterns, to commemorate & celebrate the 4th of July, Independence Day Holiday, as we fire up those grill grates!

bladz

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2019, 02:08:26 AM »
I’d get a picture of the RW&B lanterns, but my red is at a powder coaters for a color match on a new project.

ReanimatedRobot

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2020, 07:12:19 PM »
Last year I kept seeing Weber lanterns on the forum and eventually I had to make the decision to go after a set.  White and red were easy enough to find.  Red was a bit of a shipping fiasco that resulting in having an extra. Like everyone I figured blue would he grueling and take forever.  The not that long ago I picked up a black lantern and kept reminding a few WKCers that I was in the market for blue, green, and yellow. 

Then @bladz sends me a text.  Someone listed not one, but two blue lanterns for $10.  He was told they were all his, but then the sellers "daughter wanted them".  We all hear something like this from time to time and it almost always means someone else has outbid whoever was first in line.  Fortunately the seller got back to him and told him she might let them go if he made a good offer.  Fortunately, the offer he sent was good enough (while still being a steal) and after a 2 hour round trip and an angry Mrs. Bladz they were secured. 

At about the same time a green lantern popped up on ebay that I secured for an OK price.  Then bladz takes it a step further and finds another member in need of a blue and arranges for me to trade the spare blue for my final yellow.  Friday the blues touched down, and on Saturday green and yellow arrived.  Tomorrow the other blue is heading out to the other member (who can come forward if they wish to) and that will he the THIRD lantern set bladz has helped complete including his own. 

The crazy thing is that he didn't even ask for gas money and helped two members complete their collection. Even though he didn't ask I did include some extra funds to buy an angry Mrs. Bladz some flowers. [emoji14] 

If I find any Weber Torches I am also under agreement to give him dibs haha.   Certainly well worth doing so to return the favor to great friend and WKCer. 

Keep it up fellas for all of that kettle karma!

Sent from my SM-G981U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

« Last Edit: June 07, 2020, 07:14:55 PM by ReanimatedRobot »
ISO: 18" & 22" Lime, 22" Cado, Plum SSP, Clean & Colored 18" for Midget Mod, and the usual Grails.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2020, 05:54:57 AM »
I love these lanterns, I see 'em I buy 'em, same with the torches and @bladz is an awesome grillfella
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

tomtappel

• WKC Brave
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2020, 07:21:22 AM »
That’s a killer display

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app