Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Ribs three ways test  (Read 2083 times)

crizpynutz

• Smokey Joe
Re: Ribs three ways test
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2019, 11:14:04 AM »
So they were all good....low and slow won out...yummy dude!

WMT

• WKC Brave
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2019, 05:14:50 PM »
Those look great and it's cool that you did the side x side x side comparisson. thanks. Ribs are by far the most of what I cook on the weber. I used to do the 3-2-1 method untill you guys on here schooled me on the hot and fast method. Now thats all I do. When I did the low and slow they would be fall off the bone tender but IMHO thats too tender. Now I cook indirect at 350-400 until I get the color I like (usually around 60-75 min +-) wrap in foil with some apple juice and continue to cook another hour. Remove from foil and sauce. cook till the sauce is carmelized and serve. They are tender and still hold together when bitten into. I don't think they have the same smoke taste as the low and slow but thats probably because of the shorter cook time being naked. The ribs that is, not me.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Ribs three ways test
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2019, 06:01:34 PM »
Those look great and it's cool that you did the side x side x side comparisson. thanks. Ribs are by far the most of what I cook on the weber. I used to do the 3-2-1 method untill you guys on here schooled me on the hot and fast method. Now thats all I do. When I did the low and slow they would be fall off the bone tender but IMHO thats too tender. Now I cook indirect at 350-400 until I get the color I like (usually around 60-75 min +-) wrap in foil with some apple juice and continue to cook another hour. Remove from foil and sauce. cook till the sauce is carmelized and serve. They are tender and still hold together when bitten into. I don't think they have the same smoke taste as the low and slow but thats probably because of the shorter cook time being naked. The ribs that is, not me.

That sounds exactly right. Hot and fast are incredible. I will still cook all variations for variety. These methods are all solid.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Vette10R

• WKC Brave
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2019, 03:46:27 PM »
Maybe I missed it but what temp and time on the hot and fast?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

smokymtnjonny

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2019, 06:12:38 PM »
I recommend the Weber rib rack. I never cook ribs without it.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2019, 06:31:24 PM »
Maybe I missed it but what temp and time on the hot and fast?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Anywhere from 300 to 375F.