Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: What specific grate brush do you recommend for a Q?  (Read 1442 times)

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
What specific grate brush do you recommend for a Q?
« on: June 03, 2019, 01:03:11 PM »
I’m guessing the ones with metal bristles are no good.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

dogman

• WKC Brave
Re: What specific grate brush do you recommend for a Q?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2019, 01:52:40 PM »
I don't know what anybody else does but basically my grates get used until I feel like they need a cleaning. Then they go into the bathtub and I use a scotch brite pad and scrape them off.
Beer! It's what's for dinner...

Dave in KC

• WKC Brave

pwcopy

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2019, 06:18:44 AM »
Recently purchased a new set of OEM grates for my 5-year old Q3200 LP. After cleaning them hot with brass brushes over the years, they became flaky and rusty. In my search for a way to keep them clean without damaging them, I stumbled on a selection of Char Broil cool-clean brushes. The technique and the premise behind cool-clean sounded good to me; especially the part about not damaging the enamel coating on the grates. So I bought a 3X360 cool-clean brush, described as follows: “Rugged industrial-grade nylon bristles that never rust.  Effective, grit-infused bristles clean both the top and side surfaces of your grill grates. The durable, lab-tested bristles exceed 50,000 cycles without breaking to deliver long-lasting & high-quality cleaning of your grille.” I've only used it a few times, but it cleans well. Time will tell if the new grates last longer than the original set.

BBQ Jack

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2019, 11:34:59 AM »
I do not use a brush at all on my q1200. l let the grates sit in hot water and soap and use a sponge or steel wool to clean. They still look like new after 3 years.

YardBurner

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2019, 12:06:45 PM »
^^ This ^^

If you do use a brush make sure it's brass NOT steel.

JPotter

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2019, 02:11:07 PM »
I use Weber long handle . They're fine . I replace the 2 times a year or so

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Weber Kettle Club mobile app