Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber Pizza Stone  (Read 3187 times)

Steve Harratt

• Happy Cooker
Weber Pizza Stone
« on: June 01, 2019, 07:23:07 AM »
Hi All

What are your thoughts on the above cast iron stone. I have mixed feelings at the moment.

Be good to hear your thoughts

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

ibuzzard

• Smokey Joe
Re: Weber Pizza Stone
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2019, 05:52:42 AM »
I noticed the very conspicuous silence on this thread . . .hmmm.

Is that really because no one here has tried/has an opinion on it, or because it’s not so great, and no one wants to offend Weber? Can honest discussion be done via p.m.?

I bought the interchangeable system ( all but the pizza stone ) to get the griddle and ceramic cast iron grate, not really considering the pizza stone. But now I am interested. Would be great if by one small additional purchase, my cooking system could be finished, but not gonna do it if it is not so great. Opinions?

dazzo

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2019, 06:48:23 AM »
So Weber has a CI pizza stone?

I’ve used the “regular” stone in the GBS system and it worked pretty good.

But it’s long since been traded as I have a few other pizza options I like better.
Dude, relax your chicken.

ibuzzard

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2019, 07:05:04 AM »
No, the stone isn’t cast iron. Their stone fits down into the top grate, as do the other pieces in the system, such as ceramic coated searing grate, cast iron griddle, maybe more.

But, no one has commented, making we skeptical.

dazzo

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2019, 07:53:22 AM »
OK, cool

OP mentioned ‘cast iron stone’ so I thought I missed something [emoji16]

Like I said, it worked good for me. And like any other Weber attachment, you’d need to play with it to get a feel for it.

If you keep looking around you’ll find that there are several different options for pizza making if that’s what you’re looking to do. But for the occasional pizza, it’s a grate option.
Dude, relax your chicken.

jp217p

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2019, 03:30:04 PM »
I haven't used the Weber branded stone but have used a pizza stone the way Weber does. It works great for high hydration dough, not so much for lower hydration doughs.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app