Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Short kettle mod  (Read 1228 times)

avega2792

• WKC Brave
Short kettle mod
« on: May 27, 2019, 07:19:53 AM »
I found this kettle sitting on the curb, missing wheels, ash catcher, and warped lid waiting for the garbage man or metal scrapper, but I knew it still had life in it. I brought it home with me and decided to shorten the legs so I can use it as a fire pit since the lid didnt seal anymore. Thanks to @PotsieWeber for the wheels!

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
Re: Short kettle mod
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2019, 07:57:47 AM »
No problem, I was happy to help.  I bought that very set of wheels for $0.25 each at a flea market from a guy.  I figured I might wind up needing them eventually & the seller is a really nice guy who seems a bit slow, so I often try finding something to buy amid all the crap he is selling.  When you were looking for wheels, I realized I'd have a couple extra sets because of some projects, so I was happy to give them to you & get them out of the garage. 
regards,
Hal

Walchit

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2019, 10:07:10 AM »
I need to get rid of my eyesore of a fire pit and chop me down a 22.

Looks really good and the price was right!

I picked up some golf bag carts off the side of the road the other day. One had a really cool set of wheels, I think I'm gonna cut a couple inches off the back legs on my blue OTP, or add a couple inches to the front leg. Probably take off the back ones and keep it stock height.

Teddy Todd

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2019, 04:38:02 PM »
Great idea for a fire pit.

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club

Marzipan

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2019, 02:08:16 PM »
how hardy are the bowl's if you use it as a fire pit? surely it would burnout quickly?
Power Corrupts, But Absolute Power Is Kinda Cool!