Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Found a yellow Weber at a yard sale - any idea on value  (Read 13132 times)

Bman

• WKC Performer
Re: Found a yellow Weber at a yard sale - any idea on value
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2013, 01:02:43 PM »
Email sent
I've always had gas...  And now a bunch of kettles because of this place.  Thanks!

landgraftj

• WKC Performer
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2013, 01:36:10 PM »
CAB I left you a pm around noon central time, check it out
Not everyone deserves to know the real you. Let them criticize who they think you are.

CABarrow

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2013, 07:53:20 AM »
Just posted in the Trading Post

Golly

• WKC Performer
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2013, 04:22:58 PM »
Email sent with max offer of $100
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 05:03:59 PM by Golly »
GET ON THAT SHIT
WONT TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER

bryanw21157

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2013, 06:52:27 AM »
Absolutely ridiculous.  Pay 15 at a yard sale, ask people on this forum what it's worth, then advertise it for sale at 10x the purchase price???

While I appreciate that she offered it for sale here, supposedly first, that is the kind of sh*t reserved for the "other" site.

The only thing better than BBQ is more BBQ
Black Performer -- 18-1/2" Coca-Cola OTS -- Mini WSM -- 18-1/2" WSM -- 1997 Blue OTG -- 2014 Jumbo Joe / WSM

bryanw21157

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2013, 06:59:48 AM »
My pm to her:

I'd like to offer you the 15.00 you paid for the grill.  I can pick up on monday.
Black Performer -- 18-1/2" Coca-Cola OTS -- Mini WSM -- 18-1/2" WSM -- 1997 Blue OTG -- 2014 Jumbo Joe / WSM

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2013, 09:55:13 AM »
Absolutely ridiculous.  Pay 15 at a yard sale, ask people on this forum what it's worth, then advertise it for sale at 10x the purchase price???

While I appreciate that she offered it for sale here, supposedly first, that is the kind of sh*t reserved for the "other" site.

she asked what it was worth.
we gave her high numbers.
she offered it to us.
that's not ridiculous.

Now if she were already a member, and she found the grill and posted about it and the price she paid THEN offered it for 10x what she paid - then I would consider it ridiculous.
The harsh attitude is the kind of shit reserved for the "other" site.

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2013, 10:00:11 AM »
"she asked what it was worth.
we gave her high numbers.
she offered it to us.
that's not ridiculous."

I agree

If we have to place "fault", it's with us........ :)
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

bryanw21157

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2013, 10:02:49 AM »
Sorry, just kind of ticked me off that it seemed her only interest in joining wkc was to make a buck. 

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2013, 11:00:56 AM »
Sorry, just kind of ticked me off that it seemed her only interest in joining wkc was to make a buck.

I understand your effort and stance on defending the community. I appreciate that - thank you. :)

Looking back through the thread though, I think she seems genuine.
Being a skeptic is fine. It's natural and human nature.

Presenting skepticism of another's intent without making assumptions and being rude is challenging. In situations like this, I'd rather err on the side of innocence.

Golly

• WKC Performer
« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2013, 02:31:19 PM »
this baby is cuming down under :o
GET ON THAT SHIT
WONT TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER

harris92

• WKC Performer
« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2013, 03:13:54 PM »
Awesome!  Congratulations on the fantastic score! ;D

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2013, 04:11:43 PM »
Golly's gonna get his Gourmet!?  :D

Congratulations!!

Bman

• WKC Performer
« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2013, 04:34:48 PM »
I see both sides of the story and made this comment a day or 3 ago.

~~~  She came here asking for info about the grill, which she was supplied with, and well after the fact decided to sell it.  That's not the same as coming in trying to sell a kettle right out of the gate.  Actually, I think she did the perfect thing.  Posted up a semi-rare grill, provided pics, and even followed up with the desire to sell.  As Troy (?) said not too long ago, he'd rather see it posted here than ~not~ here.
~~~

I haven't seen it listed at the 'other' site, so I'm assuming it was only posted here.  I love the quality & quantity of pics Carrie Ann provided in her listing.  She did pay $15 and listed it for $150 OBO.  Yeah, it's a healthy mark-up/asking price, but she said OBO.  Golly tossed her a hunnert and she accepted.  That's 66% of her asking price.  Like we'd do anything different if we stumbled upon something worth more than we paid and had zero emotional attachment.  I'm just glad she offered it here and someone here got it.  I'd rather see it in my back yard, but this is second best.  :D
I've always had gas...  And now a bunch of kettles because of this place.  Thanks!

DaGoomba

• WKC Brave
« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2013, 08:43:08 AM »
I see both sides of the story and made this comment a day or 3 ago.

~~~  She came here asking for info about the grill, which she was supplied with, and well after the fact decided to sell it.  That's not the same as coming in trying to sell a kettle right out of the gate.  Actually, I think she did the perfect thing.  Posted up a semi-rare grill, provided pics, and even followed up with the desire to sell.  As Troy (?) said not too long ago, he'd rather see it posted here than ~not~ here.
~~~

I haven't seen it listed at the 'other' site, so I'm assuming it was only posted here.  I love the quality & quantity of pics Carrie Ann provided in her listing.  She did pay $15 and listed it for $150 OBO.  Yeah, it's a healthy mark-up/asking price, but she said OBO.  Golly tossed her a hunnert and she accepted.  That's 66% of her asking price.  Like we'd do anything different if we stumbled upon something worth more than we paid and had zero emotional attachment.  I'm just glad she offered it here and someone here got it.  I'd rather see it in my back yard, but this is second best.  :D

guys, what is this "other" site you keep mentioning.... I think I know which one but since I am new to all of this don't want to assume.  ;)  If it is controversial, feel free to shoot me a PM with a response