Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Green Coated Lamb Rack with slow cooked Jus and Red Cabbage and Carrot purees.  (Read 659 times)

Schuey

• WKC Brave
I've been getting the cooking bug again in between BBQ Competitions.

Green Coated Lamb Rack with slow cooked Jus and Red Cabbage and Carrot purees.

Lamb Racks -Ingredients:

2 x Lamb Racks, 9 points(bones) on each
Hardcore Carnivore Camo
Pomegranate Vinegar
100 grams of Bread Crumbs
2 x tbsp of Flat Leaf Parsley – roughly chopped

Lamb Racks - Method:

Trim Lamb Racks, removing excess fat. I don’t tend to trim as harshly at home on racks, as I do for competition. You are going to want to give each portion the same amount of meat from 3 cutlets. So you will keep the first bone and remove the next two, then repeat. You should be left with 3 bones spaced out.

Clean up the bones and foil them. This keeps them looking clean for presentation.

Lightly cover each rack with pomegranate vinegar and then apply an even coating of Hardcore Carnivore.

Cook in a Weber using indirect heat until an internal temp of 135f (57c) is reached. Take off the heat, apply another light covering of Pomegranate vinegar and coat on bread crumb mix and then rest covered by foil for 30 minutes.

I set my Weber up with one charcoal baskets filled with Heat Beads lump charcoal, I placed the racks on the opposite side of the kettle as the charcoal, all vents open and the lid vent directly above the racks to draw the heat over them.

Green Bread Crumb Mix – Method:

Put bread crumbs and parsley in a blender or mix master and mix until parsley is thoroughly mixed through.

Lamb Jus - Ingredients:

1kg of lamb off cuts (roughly)
1 x large onion - diced
1 x large carrot – chopped
2 x heads of garlic – roughly crushed
1 x sprig of thyme
1 cup of port

Lamb Jus – Method:

Sautι the lamb trimmings, add the diced onion, carrot and garlic, add the thyme and enough water just to cover and the port. Cook for about 4 hours, then strain and reduce until thickened.

Red Cabbage Puree - Ingredients:

1kg of Red Cabbage – thinly sliced.
150 grams of salted butter
400ml of red wine
100 grams of brown sugar
2 x star anise
½ a stick of cinnamon
3 x tbsp of red wine vinegar
Sea Salt and Fine black pepper to taste

Red Cabbage Puree – method:
Heat a large saucepan over a medium heat, add the butter and red cabbage and fry for 1-2 minutes, or until cabbage is just softened. Add the wine and bring to the boil. Then turn down the heat and simmer until the volume has reduced by half.
Add the remaining ingredients and bring back to a simmer.
Cover and cook for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender. Remove the lid, turn the heat to high and cook for a further 5-8 minutes, or until the liquid has evaporated and the red cabbage is slightly sticky and glossy.
Season with salt and pepper. Leave to cool slightly then transfer to a blender and blend until smooth.

Carrot Puree - Ingredients:

1kg of carrots
Sea salte and Fine Black Pepper to taste

Carrot Puree – Method:
Place carrots in a medium saucepan, and cover with water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer until carrots are tender, about 20 minutes.
Drain, reserving cooking liquid. Puree carrots in a blender, adding a little cooking liquid as needed, until thinned but still chunky. Stir in salt, and season with pepper.

Without the Jus, just to show how cool the green colour looks against the red and orange.

With the Jus

Cooking away on the ivory

So good to cook lamb rack at home, so much wastage when cooking in competition.

My normal charcoal shot

Hope you all enjoy, cheers as always.
It wasn't me......Well maybe it was..

Kain

• WKC Ranger
Wow!!! That colour on the plate [emoji108]

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Beautiful cook

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Firemunkee

• WKC Ranger
[emoji294][emoji294][emoji294][emoji294][emoji294] as always!!

Sent from my Pixel using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Together we'll fight the long defeat.

dogman

• WKC Brave
That's not food, that's art you can eat!
Beer! It's what's for dinner...

mahnamahna

• WKC Brave
Wow!

cigarman20

• WKC Ranger
Agree with @dogman , the last shot of the final plating could be framed and on a wall!

Grails- ‘63 Fleetwood, Ambassador