Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Anyone else use an "OnlyFire" pizza kit? - update  (Read 51385 times)

dazzo

• WKC Performer
Re: Anyone else use an "OnlyFire" pizza kit? - update
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2019, 06:26:58 AM »
Thanks!
Dude, relax your chicken.

therod

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2019, 11:53:56 AM »
I currently have one of these...
https://www.amazon.com/Eastman-Outdoors-BBQ-Grill-Pizza/dp/B076VRNP2V/ref=sr_1_30?keywords=pizza+grill&qid=1558554631&s=gateway&sr=8-30
I also have a cast iron pizza pan, the baking steel pan, and I bought a few fire bricks at Tractor Supply once upon a time to elevate my pan higher in my Weber dome. But I'm an engineer, so I'm a gadget guy. And this one looks too sweet for me to pass up.

therod

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2019, 10:12:37 AM »
I missed in the original post that you banked all of your coals in your slow n sear. That'll be good to remember. I'm guessing the stone would heat more evenly with the coals spread out. But the vortex would be a great way to help get the heat and smoke to come up on the back side and enter the chamber from the back where the holes are. Maybe throw 1/4 of the briquettes in the slow n sear, and the rest spread out under the stone. Hadn't thought about the slow n sear here, but I do see how, if done right, that could be very valuable in the wood fired pizza world!

WMT

• WKC Brave
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2019, 09:02:48 PM »
Interesting. I haven't seen that one yet. I have the onlyfire pizza kit that is like the pizza kettle and it works great. I also just bought their rotisserie for the kettle but haven't had time to try it out. The stainless rings of both fit perfectly on my weber master touch. I'm quite impressed with the quality of the onlyfire stuff and the price. This design looks very interesting. Only thing that I can see an issue with is I already have a pizza oven for the weber and also the artisan pizza oven for my campchef three burner stove.
How mant pizza ovens does one guy really need?

therod

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2019, 11:14:42 PM »
This new Onlyfire kit is easily the closest thing to the original pizza conversion kit Weber made several years ago...

Bailey151

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2019, 06:59:29 AM »
................How mant pizza ovens does one guy really need?

Well if need has something to do with it I'm screwed with many things I own   :D
« Last Edit: May 31, 2019, 07:03:35 AM by Bailey151 »

dazzo

• WKC Performer
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2019, 08:25:17 AM »
................How mant pizza ovens does one guy really need?

Well if need has something to do with it I'm screwed with many things I own   :D

The answer used to be five! But may be six now.

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/evidently-the-answer-is-five/msg282703/#msg282703

WMT

• WKC Brave
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2019, 03:15:16 PM »
Well Then, I guess I had better pick up a few more. I obviously missed that memo!

wgjones3

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2019, 03:01:35 PM »
I want one of these, you may have just sold me on it. It'll have to wait until Christmas, though.

Bailey151

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2019, 01:47:21 PM »
Used it a few times, still pleased and it works pretty well.

Let's see if I can get some pics uploaded, a couple of pizzas from a recent cook. Nothing fancy just pepperoni & same fresh basil.

jrtoy

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2019, 08:10:51 AM »
I tried a few already, currently have the fancy kettlepizza, works ok, but this design looks SO much better. Super easy fit and finish.

dazzo

• WKC Performer
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2019, 09:16:54 AM »
Pizzas are looking good

How is the fuel laid out?

Bailey151

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2019, 04:16:02 AM »
.......How is the fuel laid out?
I've been using the slow & sear to pile them to the rear (where the vents are). I tried it once with the Weber baskets in the center = stone was too hot, bottom got over cooked while the tops weren't done enough. Piled to the back seems to be the ticket. I also use a couple of wood chunks for flavor.

jhagestad

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2019, 11:24:38 AM »
the end product looks great!  thanks for sharing!
Wife: Let me guess... you want to grill again

Peinver

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2020, 01:31:20 PM »
Hello Baylei151 I’m thinking to buy this oven. Do you recommend it yet? Is still working well ? Sorry for my english. Thanks a lot