Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: How to know which thread was updated?  (Read 7398 times)

dogman

• WKC Brave
Re: How to know which thread was updated?
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2019, 03:18:37 AM »
and the third...
Beer! It's what's for dinner...

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2019, 08:30:23 PM »
2 and 3 appear to be same image?
also, it appears to be the same features I described

the little grill next to the forum name will be red if there are new topics or replies

while inside a forum category, new topics, or topics with new replies will be at the top with a little "NEW" indicator.

dogman

• WKC Brave
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2019, 08:35:26 AM »
2 and 3 appear to be same image?
also, it appears to be the same features I described

the little grill next to the forum name will be red if there are new topics or replies

while inside a forum category, new topics, or topics with new replies will be at the top with a little "NEW" indicator.

You're right, for some reason I wasn't able to attach the right pic. Sorry about that.

I think the difference is on all the other sites, the alerts are specific to me. While there are also forum buttons to see new posts, I only get alerts for threads I posted in. This helps me not miss responses to a thread I posted in and not having to deal with separate alert emails. The alerts on all the other sites don't show new topics or topics with replies unless I go looking for those specifically. I don't need emails from those sites, because the alert feature tells me everything I'm interested in, in one place.

I am sure I took enough of your time on this topic so I apologize and I'll use the site as it is. Lots of super content on here! Thanks.

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2019, 09:49:25 AM »

dogman

• WKC Brave
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2019, 10:01:50 AM »
I understand. But that's new stuff in general, not only threads where I have posted.

The alerts on all the forums I'm aware of are *only* for threads I posted in or subscribed to.

There are other buttons (New Posts, Recent Posts etc.) to show what you listed...unless I am hugely missing something.

Again, thank you.

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2019, 11:57:23 AM »
ahh, thank you for the explanation.

yes, all of the things built into the forum are based on you and your last visit. The software doesn't have the same features for posts you've replied to - sorry.

if you're using the mobile app, the mobile app offers notifications for topic replies I think

dogman

• WKC Brave
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2019, 12:14:03 PM »
Thanks for spending time on this :)

Really it's a great bunch of guys and the volume of posts is manageable, so I will go with the (air)flow :)