Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: How to know which thread was updated?  (Read 7419 times)

dogman

• WKC Brave
How to know which thread was updated?
« on: May 14, 2019, 11:30:44 AM »
Hi,

Right now I have Profile[1] on the top of my page. Darned if I can find out which thread was updated. Is there any way to see exactly what I should be looking for. Thank you.
Beer! It's what's for dinner...

Cellar2ful

Re: How to know which thread was updated?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2019, 11:47:00 AM »

The [1] behind the Profile indicates someone has mentioned you in a thread.  I work off my Personal Computer so I hope these instructions also apply to working from a phone. 

Select Profile.  There will be a tab above the word Summary that shows Profile Info.  Hover over that and a drop down menu should appear.  Select mentions. A page should appear with the topic you were mentioned in.
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

dogman

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2019, 12:07:26 PM »

The [1] behind the Profile indicates someone has mentioned you in a thread.  I work off my Personal Computer so I hope these instructions also apply to working from a phone. 

Select Profile.  There will be a tab above the word Summary that shows Profile Info.  Hover over that and a drop down menu should appear.  Select mentions. A page should appear with the topic you were mentioned in.

Thank you, that seems to work but only for mentions. For instance I did not see your post in there, I only got it from my email when the notification was sent. Is there a way to see when I thread I posted in is updated.. and also if somebody quotes me will it show up in mentions or only when somebody @ me?

varekai

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2019, 12:13:57 PM »
If your using the app on your phone, there is a row of “tabs” and I always click on the labeled “timeline”.. it lists the most recent threads with activity.. hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
CGA,GGA, jumbo joe, 3-18" kettles,22" blue,green,yellow and 2 reds, 1-22" lid mod for pizza, a genesis silver,2 Red SS Performers,2 26ers,1 red, 1 chief and a Ranch Kettle.

dogman

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2019, 12:35:04 PM »
If your using the app on your phone, there is a row of “tabs” and I always click on the labeled “timeline”.. it lists the most recent threads with activity.. hope this helps.

I'm using the web page on a PC. Thanks though.

varekai

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2019, 12:42:19 PM »
Ok, then once you click into “forums” any forum with a “red” kettle next to it on the left, has new posts, once your in the topic there is a column on the right and there will be the word “today”... those are most recent. Any help?

CGA,GGA, jumbo joe, 3-18" kettles,22" blue,green,yellow and 2 reds, 1-22" lid mod for pizza, a genesis silver,2 Red SS Performers,2 26ers,1 red, 1 chief and a Ranch Kettle.

Cellar2ful

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2019, 01:42:52 PM »

If there is a specific thread you would like to follow and be notified when someone comments on it, you can select "Notify".  This option is located at the top and bottom right of each subject page.  The option buttons          - REPLY    NOTIFY   MARK UNREAD    SEND THIS TOPIC     PRINT

By selecting the NOTIFY option, you will receive an email notification whenever someone comments on the thread.  Hopefully this or vakekai's post answers your question.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 02:41:44 PM by Cellar2ful »
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

dogman

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2019, 01:13:19 AM »
Hi guys, thank you for the info on this. I appreciate you taking your time to help. :)

I do get the email notifications but what I was thinking of is on most if not all the other forums I'm on there is usually some way to see which thread(s) you have posted in which have been updated in a summary without having to look over a subforum.

For example it might be in your profile where you could find a list of all threads where anybody posted since you last posted... or it could be an Alerts box on the upper right that when you hover over it or click it you see a list of everything that had any activity after you posted in the thread.

The email notifications work ok, but while I'm already on the forum website it would be nicer to have a way to see what's been updated rather than having to switch back and forth between email. I guess this must be part of the forum software since most of the forums use just a few different versions.. not sure why I can't find it! And y'all don't seem to miss it so sorry if I am being a PITA :(

I do think this is a great forum and I wanna say the pics of the cooks you guys posted on here will put anything on those fancy gourmet sites to shame. There is probably more good eatin' going on here than in the rest of the free world combined!

Thank you.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 01:14:55 AM by dogman »

varekai

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2019, 12:45:31 PM »
@Troy , can you be of any help with his question?

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2019, 02:28:37 PM »
from the website version:

red grills on the category page indicate new topics or new posts since your last visit
gray grills on the category means there's been nothing new in that category since your last visit

from the forum pages, default sorting is by last post. This means topics with the most recent replies will be listed first.

Topics that have replies that you have not read will have a little "new" indicator after the topic title.

You can also go directly to the unread posts page, which will list the chronological order of replies by topic.
http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/unread/

dogman

• WKC Brave
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2019, 11:17:03 PM »

Thanks, I understand that. It is not what I was thinking would be available.

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2019, 12:27:11 PM »

Thanks, I understand that. It is not what I was thinking would be available.

what are you thinking would be available?

dogman

• WKC Brave
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2019, 12:36:12 PM »
I'll try to post a coupla screenshots from other forums I'm on, over the weekend. Thank you :)

dogman

• WKC Brave
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2019, 03:17:30 AM »
Here are a few screenshots of what I am talking about. I think all the other forums I'm on have a notification icon and can show you which threads were updated and if you have any replies.

I was thinking maybe this feature is part of the forum software and just isn't turned on for some reason. Thanks.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 03:49:42 AM by dogman »

dogman

• WKC Brave
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2019, 03:18:11 AM »
Couldn't figure out how to attach more than one pic in a reply :(