Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: New poster, old grill, hoping for help!  (Read 465 times)

cindersnj

• Happy Cooker
New poster, old grill, hoping for help!
« on: May 06, 2019, 05:17:30 PM »
I've enjoyed reading some of the threads on the older grills being revived. I have a Weber 1100LP, I wrote Genesis 1000 on my owner's manual so I guess that's what it is. I still have my Home Depot receipt and I got a deal on it for about $410 in April of 2000! The knobs are old and kind of mildewy-they stick a little, the black top has had a grey blotchy area since it was fairly new (I think covering it caused it so it hasn't been covered in years). It still lights with original ignitor but the manifold and manifold attachment looks very rusty and I'm wondering if I should be worried about using it. I think the burners are still good, I might have replaced them when I replaced the crossover burner-but that was years ago. It's not too pretty these days, and has me thinking maybe I should retire it and get a new Spirit (3 burner) or get a Broilmaster because it's still made in USA. Then I read all the post about how people love them and I think maybe I should get new flavorizer bars (again!) and keep it....

If I post photos will someone give me advice??

Cellar2ful

Re: New poster, old grill, hoping for help!
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2019, 07:31:44 PM »
First of all, welcome to the Forum. I'm sure if you post photos, several folks will chime in with advice on restoring it.   If you do decide to keep it, I would recommend spending the extra $$ and get SS flavorizer bars from RC Planer.  He is well known in the BBQ community and makes really nice SS cooking grates and flavorizer bars.  Here is a link to his CL add. He ships pretty much anywhere.  You can send him a message through the Craigs List add or PM me and I can give you his phone number.

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/for/d/weber-flavor-bars/6863274314.html
"Chasing Classic Kettles"