Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Stuffed chicken breast, roasted eggplant/garlic dip, and corn  (Read 1838 times)

Bbqmiller

• WKC Ranger
Nothing fancy. Butterflied some skinless chicken breast. Layered with prosciutto, Gouda cheese, and spinach. These were topped with a slice of bacon and tied up with butcher's twine. Hit them with a little Plowboys yardbird. Roasted eggplant and garlic (in foil) were used for a dip with sour cream.

Chicken and corn done

The chicken was really good and juicy . Took up a lot of flavor from the prosciutto. The dip was a hit with the family. We didn't have pita bread, but used some blue corn chips.

Used mulberry and apple during the chicken indirect.

HankB

• WKC Performer
Re: Stuffed chicken breast, roasted eggplant/garlic dip, and corn
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2013, 05:36:52 PM »
That looks great! Did you have any trouble with excess salt from the proscuitto? I made a recipe that called for wrapping very large (6-6 count) shrimp in proscuitto and it wound up just too salty for my taste.
kettles, smokers...

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2013, 08:49:29 PM »
Nice job, that really looks delicious.

Bbqmiller

• WKC Ranger
Stuffed chicken breast, roasted eggplant/garlic dip, and corn
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2013, 04:32:42 AM »
That looks great! Did you have any trouble with excess salt from the proscuitto? I made a recipe that called for wrapping very large (6-6 count) shrimp in proscuitto and it wound up just too salty for my taste.
No - I used a small piece of very thinly sliced prosciutto for each breast. I sprinkled very little rub on them as well. I thought of this and kept the amount of prosciutto to a minimum. My wife really liked it and she is very salt conscious.

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2013, 06:00:21 AM »
Mulberry??  That's a good tip.  I've got some mulberry that needs a serious pruning-- once the berries are all eaten, of course.  Thanks!
One of the charcoal people.

HankB

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2013, 06:55:35 AM »
Mulberry??  That's a good tip.  I've got some mulberry that needs a serious pruning-- once the berries are all eaten, of course.  Thanks!
I set some mulberry aside and later found it riddled with worm holes.  :o I used it in a camp fire.  :( Now I sprinkle my stored wood with diatomaceous earth to discourage bugs. That was the last mulberry on my property so I have no more to trim.
kettles, smokers...

Bbqmiller

• WKC Ranger
Stuffed chicken breast, roasted eggplant/garlic dip, and corn
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2013, 01:39:57 PM »
Yes it is currently my favorite for chicken. It is a lot like apple, and has a very nice fruity aroma. During the Oct snowstorm in 2011, we had a mulberry tree lose a big limb. I cut it up and have been using it a lot lately. My neighbor lost a HUGE oak during sandy. They cut it up and they said I could help myself to  some of it. The storms the last few years have provided some good, free smoke wood.