Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: You are all very bad people  (Read 1904 times)

cookingjnj

• Smokey Joe
You are all very bad people
« on: April 26, 2019, 02:39:33 PM »
Yep I said that right.  Maybe not all of you, but most.  Praying on weaker individuals such as myself.  Going around not only pushing your sickness, but at same time glorifying it.   Making it seem like having Weber-itis or even the more restrictive Kettle-itis is not only a good thing, but also part of life's requirement.  I am sure I am not alone with my assessment.

Several weeks ago, while shopping for a Weber MT, I came across a HC in pretty good shape, and picked it up for $5 at a garage sale.  Good pit, and has served me well in just a few short weeks.  I then found this site to learn more about the pit I bought, and more about charcoal cooking in general.  I kept reading all the great post on so many topics, and kept telling myself, I am strong, I will never catch this sickness everyone seems to have around me on WKC.

Yesterday I am on CL looking at something completely non-related to Weber, or grills for that matter, and it happened.  There before me was a "slightly used" Weber Kettle (not a MT, but I think it is a Premium).  Grill, new grates and a cover …$50.  Was trying to justify to myself on how that was a good price for almost new weber grill, and technically I still do not have a "Weber" charcoal grill (I do have a Genesis gasser), just the HC.

Then it happened.  As I was handing off the $50 and getting ready to put the grill in my car, I realized, darn it, I have it.  I caught the inescapable "itis" disease!  I have become one of the +1 crowd.  Thanks guys!  Appreciate all your work in corrupting me.   I have gone from zero charcoal grills to now owning two in less than a month.  One which seems like a vintage model, and now a much newer model as well.  I think this usually becomes a life long illness, for which there are few cures!  If this is the worst life long illness I ever catch, I will consider myself pretty lucky and a pretty happy guy.  I can see probably adding another unique find, if and when I come across one.  My wife and daughter just rolled their eyes at me when I showed them the deck.  Pretty sure they will not catch the disease, but will continue to eat all the morsels pulled from my pits.

This post was not meant to offend anyone!  Just having a little fun at my expense.  Haha.  I love this site!

It did not happen without pictures so here you go:

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
Re: You are all very bad people
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2019, 02:42:54 PM »
Great post!
regards,
Hal

varekai

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2019, 02:48:42 PM »
If any of us take offense at your post, they sure as hell don’t belong here. And I’m sure I speak for most of us when I say “it was our pleasure to infect you”, someone did it to us at some point,lol.  Those are 2 beautiful kettles you got there, and just a heads up, you WILL be getting more!!  So in the end, or beginning, however you look at it, WELCOME to the club, you are now ONE OF US, ONE OF US.....

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
CGA,GGA, jumbo joe, 3-18" kettles,22" blue,green,yellow and 2 reds, 1-22" lid mod for pizza, a genesis silver,2 Red SS Performers,2 26ers,1 red, 1 chief and a Ranch Kettle.

RRRanger99

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2019, 02:55:49 PM »
"Weberitis," is real! ...And, contagious! You'll probably end up with somewhere between 5 to 10 Weber kettles, before the year is over!

Filibuster

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2019, 03:34:18 PM »
   The first taste is always free. We know you'll be back for more. Welcome to the club.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Radio station WEFUNK 50,000 kilowatts of PFUNK power.

Walchit

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2019, 05:41:11 PM »
I got my first non-weber kettle in February. Once it warmed up enough to use it I found this site. Now I have 5 webers, and I gave a jumbo Joe to my neighbor. I'm currently trying to buy a genesis for 15 bucks, was gonna see if I could attach a kettle to the frame. I just grabbed an "EI" code for 5 bucks at a garage sale yesterday lol

cookingjnj

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2019, 06:07:24 PM »
I was laughing at my own wit while writing the original post.  Ok, maybe not that witty, but I really laughed out loud at some of your responses.  Thanks much guys!  Now I am hijacking my own post, will the madness stop? 

Went to the local butcher and picked up a special sausage he was making this week, Greek inspired.  I also picked up some of his special ground brisket,  chuck and porterhouse tails (not sure on what exactly that is) to make a few burgers.  Hmmmm, hmmmm good.  Still getting used to cooking over charcoal, so the burgers were a little over, but still oh so good.  And the sausage..... will be stopping by tomorrow to grab more and freeze.  He is only making it through tomorrow.

Started to downpour as a was getting things together.  Did not cook on the new/used weber, used the HC as it was under my awning already.  Still as good as always (or as long as three weeks can be always).

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2019, 06:35:38 PM »
Just wait, it gets worse.

I found out I basically have to purchase one of those round plastic garbage cans because I read in a post that they are a great way to hold a Weber bowl that you are cleaning at a decent height, while basically being able to push all the crud you clean off through the bottom vents and into a plastic bag that you've lined the round plastic garbage can with.  Mind you, I've already thrown away a number of perfectly usable ones in the past because the city had provided uniform garbage cans for years that their trucks can pick up easier.  Naturally, that was so long ago that you don't see any out on trash day inside the other garbage cans anymore.  Basically, it is long enough ago that it is unlikely I'll score one for free & will likely have to suck it up & buy a brand new one.
regards,
Hal

RemoGaggi

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2019, 07:04:12 AM »
"Weberitis"?  Don't know what you guys are talking about....
18" Middy & 26" Kettle, SnS, Summit S-620, Broilmaster D3CP

Kneab

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2019, 09:26:24 AM »
Yup, it only gets worse the longer you are infected. This is almost a year ago.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

ISO Brown Go Anywhere

DellJones

• WKC Ranger
You are all very bad people
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2019, 09:42:00 AM »
Started with One. My recent pickup is the Weber Chill. Happened last night.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

DellJones

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2019, 09:45:30 AM »
In addition to what’s in the garage

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

1spacemanspiff

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2019, 10:54:46 PM »
I picked up two 18" platinums last week and a got a heads up on a chill today.  @cookingjnj welcome to the journey.
ISO Yellow Offset SJ, Yellow ranger

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2019, 11:07:51 AM »
So? What's the problem? Ya bought a grill, then you bought more. It is what it is.

Lightning

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2019, 11:14:27 AM »
You need a Ranch.  You know you do.