Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: 2nd Kettle 1st Weber!  (Read 1725 times)

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
Re: 2nd Kettle 1st Weber!
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2019, 06:30:24 PM »
Did you search on here because I seem to recall someone saying they rebranded some for Sears and maybe even K-mart years ago.  Perhaps just after Happy Cooker went out of business.  When the company that made HC announced it, Weber said they welcomed the competition.  But, apparently when they got a contract with Sears, that is when Weber sued (I believe for trademark infringement).
regards,
Hal

Walchit

• WKC Performer
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2019, 07:23:16 PM »
It might have been on that weber bulletin site. One with K-Mart handles would be pretty cool. If the kettle was nicer I might see if zavod would make me some Kenmore handles with some fancy wood.

Walchit

• WKC Performer
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2019, 05:37:56 PM »
These handles seem like maybe they had some sort of stain on them, and I definitely didn't get it all off. One of the handles was partially made of charcoal, probably from the guy banking his coals at the back of the kettle.

They still look 100 times better than when I got them, but they don't look as good as the Kenmore

The two finished ones get to spend the night in the garage with this storm coming

Walchit

• WKC Performer
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2019, 05:50:36 PM »
I guess banking coals probably wasnt the cause, cause the inside part of the handle is fine.

Anyway, here are a couple pics of the redhead. I'm should probably drill and bolt the handles and leg sockets. Still thinking about just getting them welded though. I just need to have my buddy do it so I dont have to pay lol.

Emailed weber to ask the price on stainless ash sweepers, they are 30 and some change, plus 7 dollar shipping no matter how many you order its still just 7 bucks.

Oh, and how do you guys drill out your rivets on the damper? I got a little sloppy with this one, but the bolt head covers most of it