Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Brisket Timing  (Read 1132 times)

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
Re: Brisket Timing
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2019, 02:55:52 AM »
Wow that looks delicious! My mouth is watering.

What method are you using? Just a single heat zone?

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

It started out a snake and then when I pulled the brisket to wrap it I piled the coals that were going and added about twelve on top of that single zone and had the top and bottom vents about half way open which resulted in 250-280 for the most part.   Pretty simple cook, toughest part is the patience.

Also when seeing temps drop about 2/3 of the way through the cook need to remember to swipe the spent ash down so it doesn't restrict air flow.  I was content with it cooking around 250 the last 1/3 of the cook but if I bumped it up to 275-300 wrapped I probably could have shaved an hour or two off and would have had longer to rest.  As it turns out everyone loved it but just a mental note for next cook that if I get to that second stall not to be afraid to open the vents a little more to push through.
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM