Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Keeping it riveted  (Read 1188 times)

LaffinBooda

• Smokey Joe
Keeping it riveted
« on: March 14, 2019, 05:18:33 AM »
Hello, I recently picked up a B code brownie and it is missing one daisy wheel. I will be ordering replacements, but would like to keep it as original as possible.

Has anyone pop-riveted a lower vent back on? If so, size?

Thanks for the help!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Neil_VT00

• WKC Ranger
Re: Keeping it riveted
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2019, 08:03:29 AM »
I can't find the thread right now, but someone on here found the tool and was able to replicate the Weber rivets pretty closely.  The rivets are called semi-tubular rivet and work differently then a pop rivet.  Hopefully that's a good enough start to let you track down more info. Good luck and let us know what you find.
Wanted: Burgundy 18"

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2019, 08:37:48 AM »
I can't find the thread right now, but someone on here found the tool and was able to replicate the Weber rivets pretty closely.  The rivets are called semi-tubular rivet and work differently then a pop rivet.  Hopefully that's a good enough start to let you track down more info. Good luck and let us know what you find.
Neil, you are correct in your description, semi tubular is it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2019, 08:43:45 AM »
Smokin Performer made a rivet tool for the handle rivets but i dont recall one for the vents.
You can't always get what you want....but if you try sometimes you get what you need