Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Bunch of new to me stuff!  (Read 2399 times)

Ted B

• WKC Ranger
Bunch of new to me stuff!
« on: June 11, 2013, 05:04:45 PM »
I have been really busy at work and haven't had the time to work up a separate post for some new items I have received.  The best part is that two of the items came via WKC'ers.  So a special thank you, you're awesome, goes out to HankB and LightinBolt

I took a trip fishing to Detroit area where HankB jr? and LightingBolt live.

Fishing wasn't great.   weather was cold and rainy.  Still had fun.

The best part was meeting a fellow WKCer in Bolt.  He picked up a weber web for me and I should've posted two weeks ago to say THANK YOU!!

Cheers went up from Team Weber MI when the first bug was zapped.  This thing is so cool.  I feel like such a dork for getting such a kick out of bugs frying but I can't help myself.

Next we went and met HankB's son and picked up a 18.5 WSM.  It is in great shape.  I had a chance to use it once but have since remvoed the legs to replace the rusty bolts holding the legs on poorly.  Can't wait to use it more.  Looks like every other one I guess.

Also received a yellow 22.5 from Traverse City-2.5 hrs north of me.  I had an "agent" pick it up and ship it down with some work equipment.  Everything is there but she's a little beat up. 

Last item was an early father's day gift from the wife and kids.

Sorry for the length.  Just so much to share so I figured I'd stuff it all in.  Thanks for perving as always. 

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Bunch of new to me stuff!
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2013, 05:15:16 PM »
Ah, a sticker on the vehicle. There's a committed man.

Cool bug zapper. Seems like every day I learn of some neat product Weber "used to make."
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Peaspurple

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2013, 05:40:10 PM »
I love the sticker! Where can I get one of those?
A Wonderful Family!!!

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2013, 05:47:54 PM »

Awesome pickups and ditto on what Peaspurple said!

Ted B

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2013, 05:49:58 PM »

My wife got it from some one that does screen printing. I'm trying to see if we can get more made. I'll let you know. She's getting one that says weber widow.

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2013, 05:57:02 PM »
It was a pleasure meeting you and your crew, and helping out a fellow member of the club.

Glad you enjoy your zapper.
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"
8 MBH, 2 WoodDale, a SCG, and other stuff, including Pellet grills.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2013, 06:51:03 PM »
... She's getting one that says weber widow.

Haha. My kids would probably like one that says Weber Orphan. Whenever they see me looking at a grill online they give me the Bad Dad look.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

HankB

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2013, 07:06:35 PM »
Nice smallie. I'd catch those all day long.

I'm glad things worked well between you and my son. He likes to cook on webers but is not as crazy about me. I made him a mini-WSM and he's happy with that, though I don't know if he uses it when I'm not around.
kettles, smokers...