Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Proposal for new forum "Cleaning and Restoration"  (Read 6231 times)

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Proposal for new forum "Cleaning and Restoration"
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2013, 05:11:11 PM »
I can see that being a great idea, but not sure about the 'locked' part?

It kind of exists already.....if you click [ more stats ]  at the bottom of the main forums page, it shows the top 10 threads a couple different ways.........just not really displayed "out front" so to speak...........

But hey.....kwit swerving around Buckie, back on topic.......

The cleaning & restoration is becoming more & more a part of things around here.....

Perhaps most noticeable to me is the gathering, cheering crowds that seem to assemble when something shines up nice.....heck, I've even started cleaning up a few.....THAT'S progress !!!!
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

HankB

• WKC Performer
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2013, 05:17:05 AM »
The cleaning & restoration is becoming more & more a part of things around here.....

Perhaps most noticeable to me is the gathering, cheering crowds that seem to assemble when something shines up nice.....heck, I've even started cleaning up a few.....THAT'S progress !!!!
That was the thinking behind my suggestion. I think it's an important enough subject here to warrant its own forum.

I also agree that splitting subjects into forums could be carried to excess and that would not be a good thing. Neither is dumping everything into one forum and forcing the participants to search for what they want. Yes, that has the benefit of serendipitous finds, but that comes at a cost to overall usability.

I will also happily abide by any decision that Troy makes WRT this issue. I have to recognize that Troy has a lot more experience running this board than me.

For a FAQ, I find a Wiki appealing. That allows everyone a chance to share their suggestions and experiences. It also comes at the price of curation. There may also be administrative and hosting burdens of which I am not aware (spam?) But this is another subject.

Thanks all for the thoughtful comments!
kettles, smokers...

kaz

• WKC Brave
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2013, 03:37:32 PM »
I'll just say I don't like the term pron. It makes no sense. It's juvenile and how it relates to food photos just boggles me. Always great to have my title bars and tabs say pron.

Can't we just call it Cooking Photos or Food Gallery or anything else?!?

Oh yeah baby, pron. Love me some Internet pron.

#grubdubs