Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Better than the oven?  (Read 1656 times)

nvandyke

• WKC Brave
Better than the oven?
« on: January 29, 2019, 11:21:06 AM »
Ok...I get it.  I like to cook everything I can on my Weber.  But I'm just curious if all of you really think the pizza from the grill is that much better than just baking it in the oven?  If you're running regular charcoal and no wood...is the flavor that much different?  I haven't tried it yet and am just curious if it's worth the extra time?

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Better than the oven?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2019, 11:39:57 AM »
I definitely vote oven 100%.  Bigger pies.  Cook two at once. Top and bottom cook evenly. Ten times easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 11:47:04 AM by HoosierKettle »

Foster Dahlet

• WKC Ranger
Re: Better than the oven?
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2019, 03:38:11 PM »
Ok...I get it.  I like to cook everything I can on my Weber.  But I'm just curious if all of you really think the pizza from the grill is that much better than just baking it in the oven?  If you're running regular charcoal and no wood...is the flavor that much different?  I haven't tried it yet and am just curious if it's worth the extra time?
I get better results in kettle with pizza que than with oven.  Super fast cook times and crispier crust.  700 plus degrees can't be achieved in my oven.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

I like my Kettles like my coffee....strong and black.

2019 Black 26" OKP; 2015 Black 22" OKP; 2004 Black SJP; mid 70's Statesman; mid 70's Gourmet, 2017 Black CGA; 2000 Black GGA;

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2019, 01:06:22 PM »
With a pizza attachment absolutely.  With just a weber cooking a pizza at oven temps I’m not sure. 

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

EricD

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2019, 12:10:41 PM »
I much prefer pizza on the kettle for the higher temps I can't get in the oven.......
but then I got a Blackstone Pizza oven! Game changer!
22" Kettle black, 18" Kettle black,Genesis S-310 Stainless Gasser, Genesis Silver Edition Gasser, 22" Weber Smoky Mountain, 28" Blackstone Griddle, Blackstone Pizza oven, Maverick ET-732
ThermaPop, Grillaholics Grill Mat, PizzaQue, Kettle Rotiserrie