Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Season’s Greetings to All! A roto question for all...  (Read 694 times)

solidgoldstein

• WKC Brave
Season’s Greetings to All! A roto question for all...
« on: December 24, 2018, 01:45:29 PM »
Hope all are well and with loved ones this holiday season! If Santa happens to bring me a few shackles this year, I’m considering adding a Cajun bandit rotisserie to the collection this year. A few things about my collection so far:

-My main kettle cooker is a performer gen 2
- Have a WW high temp/pizza cooker
- A couple WW 18’s for projects TBD
- An Outrider
- Have several colored 80s 22”s that don’t see many cooks
- Two 18.5 WSMs
- Would love to add a 26” but have had bad luck on a couple leads lately, but that’s another story...

That’s brings me in round about fashion back to my main question...how much would I regret it if I went with an 18.5 roto? I like the idea of being able to use them on the WSMs, and I don’t really see myself bumping up to a WSM 22 anytime soon.

https://www.cajunbandit.com/product/cajun-bandit-18-5-charcoal-kettle-and-weber-smokey-mountain-rotisserie-with-electric-motor/

What will I be truly sacrificing as far as capacity on the spit? Anyone have experience doing larger loads (a few chickens, maybe a turkey) on an 18? Thanks for any feedback, enjoy the holiday!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

solidgoldstein

• WKC Brave
Re: Season’s Greetings to All! A roto question for all...
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2018, 01:46:43 PM »
Here’s the collection for reference

CatskillSmoker

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2018, 01:51:15 PM »
I love my 22 roti's. I've spun lots of meat with them. One of the best ways to cook certain meats.
I don't think I personally go with an 18, maybe for the Outrider on the road.
I have a 26 that I have yet to use but will be soon on the Aristocrat. Merry Christmas

Cellar2ful

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2018, 02:11:23 PM »

I would guess there's not a lot of members that have 18" rotisseries.  @Mr.CPHo has one and might be able to give you some perspective on your question. 

Here is a recent post using his 18" rotisserie:          http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/grilling-bbqing/first-spin-on-an-18-roti/msg400994/#msg400994

I only have 22" rotisseries.
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
Season’s Greetings to All! A roto question for all...
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2018, 02:35:48 PM »
My first rotisserie was an 18.5” made by Onlyfire.  Here are some cooks to give you an idea of the size:

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/index.php?topic=29434

The size worked for most cooks, and the 18’s are always more fuel efficient, but I’m glad I upgraded to a 22” roti.  The extra space provides more versatility for additional sides.

FWIW, all my roti rings seem to gravitate towards kettles in carts. 
« Last Edit: December 24, 2018, 02:40:39 PM by Mr.CPHo »

Lowbrass

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2018, 08:02:12 PM »
I just ordered myself an 18 Cajun Bandit roti because I don’t see myself going overboard on the food cooked on it, use my 18s to cook more than my 22s and love the fact that I can use it on my 18 WSM.  I will probably get a 22 roti one day as well but for now can’t wait to unwrap my 18 rotisserie tomorrow morning!

"The Fairway" '74, 22” Turquose, 18" Red C code, 18" Blue DU code x2, Gen 2 Grass Green Performer, 26” Glen Blue, Spring Green, "Bone", Turquose, Blue Wave, Wedgewood Blue, “Smoke”, Crimson and Homer SJGs.  14" and 18" WSM

Grails (HELP!): IMPERIAL GLEN BLUE!

vwengguy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2018, 01:16:42 PM »
I can say that I love my 18” rotisserie set up! I also have the 22” Weber rotisserie and I use that a lot also. But for quick, cold or snowy cooks my 18” JJ is my go-to set up! There are a few Weber toys that I consider as Must Haves! And this is one that is high on my list! https://youtu.be/GT7DvHDNgKY