Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: A lid's new life.  (Read 1715 times)

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
A lid's new life.
« on: November 26, 2018, 02:57:33 PM »
Vortex and minion lid. Lid and bowl are such in a rough shape that i couldn't find anyone to adopt it so decided to find a use for the lid.  This will allow the nicer lids and bowls from getting tortured.

« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 03:00:55 PM by Jules V. »

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Re: A lid's new life.
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2018, 03:35:59 PM »
I’m liking this a lot [emoji106]. This will add another layer of consistency and versatility. I would love this on my 26 but can’t bring myself to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2018, 03:37:15 PM »
I would eliminate the thermo or replace it with a tel tru.  I would eliminate I think.

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
A lid's new life.
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2018, 03:41:33 PM »
I’m liking this a lot [emoji106]. This will add another layer of consistency and versatility. I would love this on my 26 but can’t bring myself to do it.

So much easier to do on a 22 since  roached out lids are everywhere unlike a 26.  A free 26 lid is like a white elephant. I still have to decide if budget allows for all tel tru thermometers on all my kettles.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 03:43:58 PM by Jules V. »

ClubChapin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2018, 06:31:38 PM »
That is awesome. Do we call it the flying taco handle?

You do some grate work!

Re tel tru: I would test the accuracy of the Weber therms. I used to not trust them and they were basically dead on when I tested a few. Many, not sure about Weber, have nuts on the back to adjust them. 

I used to get tel tru for all of mine.  They may be a little better, but at the end of the day they are still bimetal in a poor location.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 06:35:30 PM by ClubChapin »

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2018, 02:16:59 AM »
I’ve probably just had bad luck but out of the 4 modern Weber thermometers i have used, they all eventually starting reading 50-75 degrees COOLER then actual temp.  Not what you would expect.

ClubChapin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2018, 07:27:03 PM »
I’ve probably just had bad luck but out of the 4 modern Weber thermometers i have used, they all eventually starting reading 50-75 degrees COOLER then actual temp.  Not what you would expect.

Interesting. The Weber ones I’ve had are all the long and thin stemmed handle mounted SSP thermos. I’ve replaced them with tru tel without testing and tested a Weber before giving to a friend and it was dead on.

Do the modern ones have the nut for calibrating?