Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber Grill cartoon artwork  (Read 3316 times)

dazzo

• WKC Performer
Re: Weber cartoons artwork?
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2018, 11:40:28 AM »
That’s an awesome setup! Guess it helps to know a guy too   [emoji16]

And thanks.

My workhorses are a few VLs. Haven’t used my Iwata much, and the AB is just fun to listen to.

Single action hobby brushes work OK for mask and blast, and a HVLP helps for large areas, like ceilings.

Have fun with your son’s room. If you do a portrait, just make sure he doesn’t get traded, or that your son doesn’t grow up (just try and stop that)
Dude, relax your chicken.

bluewhisper

• WKC Brave
    • Alex Šilbajoris
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2018, 12:41:48 PM »
Has anyone painted a kettle to look like the moon? Maybe start with a black kettle and do a lit side with craters etc., then let that fade into black for the dark side.

SmokinPerformer2

• WKC Brave
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2018, 10:03:49 AM »
I changed my custom performer drawing to a stock Generation 2 version. This type of drawing would appeal to a much larger crowd. Chris

56MPG

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2018, 11:43:19 AM »
Love it!
Retired

SmokinPerformer2

• WKC Brave
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2018, 07:06:28 AM »
I was showing this drawing to some of my co workers. None of them are into collecting grills. All of them thought my drawing was of a tractor at first glance. The larger than scale cartoon Weber wheels do make it appear tractor like. It’s this type of critiquing that makes room for improvement. I’ll play with my drawing and rescale the wheels down a bit.

First I’d like to explain my hand drawing process.  I like to start my sketch in a  4” wide size to begin with. It’s just a small comfortable size that gives me proper hand eye cordination control. This small size doesn’t leave much room for detail. I prefer drawing my final originals in an 11”x 14” size. 
  This first Gen 2 drawing i made is still in the 4” wide size so it’s still a work in progress. I’ll probably just include the Weber logo and color the kettle grass green for my final original drawing.  Any other input or ideas are always appreciated. Chris
« Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 07:12:47 AM by SmokinPerformer2 »

56MPG

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2018, 07:44:23 AM »
I like it as is - anyone into Weber grills will never mistake it for a tractor. Anyone else can pound ash! If you really want to shake it up, go with dualies on the back.
Retired

SmokinPerformer2

• WKC Brave
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2018, 08:09:49 AM »
Thanks for the encouragement  56MPG. I’ll scale those rear wheels  down just a tad to allow room for more detail of the Weber 3pc. tool set.
  I’ll save those dually wheels for a midget mod 18” grill cartoon drawing.
I’m really excited to finally make time for these Weber grill drawings. My plan is to draw every grill Weber has produced. Might take me a few years but it’ll be fun along the way. Chris

SmokinPerformer2

• WKC Brave
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2018, 11:50:44 AM »
I staged the dually Weber wheels in this photo to make my initial sketch.  This first rough sketch will need to be cleaned up, re drawn a few times till everything is lined up just right. As you can see
,that bottom triangle doesn’t line up with the right side wheels in this first draft. That’s the issue when sketching with ink, can’t erase any mistakes. But on the flip side that’s how I got better at drawing.  I just learned to plan every stroke of the pen before it touched paper. As my sketch gets closer to being completed, it gets difficult. Just builds up pressure to execute flawless work. One mistake and it’s back to the drawing board. Sketching stuff over and over again makes you better. Once I’m content with the proportions on my concept sketch,( usually takes 30 minutes to 3 hours) it’ll get enlarged to an 11”x 14” size where the detail work is added. ( takes anywhere from 3 hours and up to 24 hours) This is where a sketch becomes a drawing. Detail work of the Weber wheel tread pattern, white wall cutout lettering, push nuts,  ash catcher detail and spot welds on the kettle will be placed. Wood grain on handle along with counter sunken screw. This is when Color and shading is also added. 
  If you’re like me and haven’t picked up a pencil or prismacolor in a while, I hope you decide to join in. Chris
« Last Edit: December 02, 2018, 10:06:03 AM by SmokinPerformer2 »

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2018, 12:46:11 PM »
The midget sketch is bad ass!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

SmokinPerformer2

• WKC Brave
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2018, 04:02:04 PM »
The midget sketch is bad ass!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
  Thanks Mr.CPHo.... I like this sketch too so I’ll take it to the next level soon.

I found this drawing I made back in 2006 that includes a kettle grill. I remember not wanting to copy my Weber kettle so I changed to a longer lid handle and went with expanded metal for the cooking grate. Looking at it Brings back memories, I only made a hand full of drawings during this year.

dazzo

• WKC Performer
Re: Weber Grill cartoon artwork
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2018, 04:53:02 PM »

If you’re like me and haven’t picked up a pencil or prismacolor in a while, I hope you decide to join in. Chris

C’mon Chris, that’s like Jim Lee asking to come draw X-Men with him. We, sorry, I’m not worthy. I might try it, but ain’t no one is gonna see it. You’ve got a new fan.

dazzo

• WKC Performer
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2018, 05:07:17 PM »
Wish I could remember the dates...

dazzo

• WKC Performer
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2018, 05:10:14 PM »
1970 Odd Rods and Silly Cycles

jacko1962

• WKC Brave
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2018, 11:57:08 AM »
You come up with a logo and I could look at the prices for both silkscreen and embroidery at the school I work at.
Weber Genesis 1000 Black with all red oak, 1992 Redhead Performer.  2014 18.5 black. 1985 Black GA

Looking for P code Red Premium Master touch and a EO code Blue Premium Master touch .

KC_JAKE

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2018, 09:10:06 AM »
That's really cool!