Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: LIVE!! Right now***WHATS ON YOUR GRILL?***Right now LIVE!!  (Read 477227 times)

cookingjnj

• Smokey Joe
Re: LIVE!! Right now***WHATS ON YOUR GRILL?***Right now LIVE!!
« Reply #405 on: May 11, 2019, 06:24:35 PM »
Still kinda a new guy here.  Went to a food truck festival today in my town.  Very impressed that they actually threw something like this together.  Had a lot of fun, some pretty good food and good beer to be had by all.  We got home, and,  still a little hungry, so decided to cook on the kettle.  We had some spicy Italian sausage, so....why not!  Man....I love sausage!  Tomorrow will be a couple of nice rib eyes for Mother's Day.  Hope I remember to take some pictures.  Tomorrow will be the first time cooking "prime" on the kettle.   

Sausage on the kettle>>

cookingjnj

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #406 on: May 12, 2019, 05:40:13 PM »
Ok, not so "live" anymore, just came off the grill a little while ago. My wife wanted steak, onions and mushrooms for her Mothers Day Dinner, and I am not one to disappoint.  My daughter does not like beef (ugh) so made her a Steelhead trout fillet.  Went to our local butcher and picked up two 1.25 inch USDA Prime rib eye steaks.  Ed had a special for creamed spinach (sorry no pics), and a bunch of hot house Jersey Beefsteak tomatoes.  Both of which I could not resist.  If you are not from Jersey, you probably do not know just how good Jersey Beefsteak tomato's are, you just gotta try them.  Much better late in the summer, but as hot house go, these were really good.  More to the story.... I do not like tomatoes generally... I only eat the beefsteaks from NJ during the summer, otherwise I do not normally eat tomatoes.  I topped those beefsteak tomatoes with fresh mozz cheese, drizzle of olive oil, a little pepper and fresh basil to top off.  Enough of the tomatoes, back to the steak and fish.... I am loving the kettle cooks.  I know the USDA Prime goes a long way with the quality of a steak, and the same can be said for a good piece of steelhead, but that, and the combination of cooking over charcoal was awesome.  Yeah, I am still one of those "giddy" new guys to charcoal after cooking on gas for 30 years, but put up with it, I am having fun, and the family has not complained yet....hahahaha. 

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #407 on: May 13, 2019, 02:56:04 AM »
OMG that all looks delicious!! I lived in Jersey for 20+ years, and yes, the  Beefsteak tomato's are to die for!! YUM!!
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
LIVE!! Right now***WHATS ON YOUR GRILL?***Right now LIVE!!
« Reply #408 on: May 13, 2019, 03:22:28 AM »
We grow beefsteak among other varieties in my parents garden. Corn and tomatoes in the off season are terrible. Corn and tomatoes in the store are already tasting better but I can’t wait for the fresh garden ones later in the summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
LIVE!! Right now***WHATS ON YOUR GRILL?***Right now LIVE!!
« Reply #409 on: May 13, 2019, 03:36:12 PM »
Pork chops seasoned three ways and tater tots

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

double_p

• WKC Brave
« Reply #410 on: May 24, 2019, 09:58:31 AM »
Not live, but forgot to post it last night. Ribs for a potluck at work today. First time using the rib rack and apple wood.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Performer 22, master touch.

jmike314

• WKC Brave
« Reply #411 on: May 24, 2019, 03:41:44 PM »
All by my lonesome tonight.
Ribeye.
Mashed potatoes.
Beer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
“Crying is for little girls, babies, and men who just had their ears ripped off.” - Oobedoob Benubi

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #412 on: May 24, 2019, 04:21:39 PM »
Smoke on Smoke tonight.

solidgoldstein

• WKC Brave
« Reply #413 on: May 25, 2019, 06:05:45 PM »
Drumsticks, farmers market sausages, corn, and taters in the ring graciously gifted to me by @inkaddictedchef on the OTP. Thanks Matt!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

varekai

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #414 on: May 25, 2019, 06:19:18 PM »
This was my live today, although not on my kettle but my 18” WSM.. tri-tip, 7 1/2 hours. IT 203 and was tender, melt in your mouth.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
CGA,GGA, jumbo joe, 3-18" kettles,22" blue,green,yellow and 2 reds, 1-22" lid mod for pizza, a genesis silver,2 Red SS Performers,2 26ers,1 red, 1 chief and a Ranch Kettle.

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
« Reply #415 on: May 25, 2019, 06:51:01 PM »
Pulled beef nachos from a smoked chuck roast (from a little earlier tonight)

cumminfourya

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #416 on: May 26, 2019, 08:12:25 AM »

Baby back ribs!!!

CatskillSmoker

• WKC Performer
« Reply #417 on: May 26, 2019, 08:50:56 AM »

Big Dawg

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #418 on: May 26, 2019, 11:08:09 AM »
On just as we speak . . . .

BD
The Sultans of Swine
22.5 WSM - Fat Boy
22.5 OTG - Little Man/26.75 - Big Kahuna

dogman

• WKC Brave
« Reply #419 on: May 26, 2019, 11:25:49 AM »
Pork chops seasoned three ways and tater tots

Tater tots in cast iron on a Weber. Mercy! You guys are killing me :D Man oh man, I would love to have a bag of hot tater nots right now!

Everybody- I am in awe of your cooking skills and creativity! Best cooking site on the whole net!
Beer! It's what's for dinner...