Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: probe ports  (Read 1784 times)

beginner

• Happy Cooker
probe ports
« on: October 31, 2018, 11:29:20 PM »
pretty straightforward i guess. i ordered a threaded ambient and a suitable fitting for it, as well as another of the same fitting to run meat probes through.  i'm intending to drill just under grate height and 1/4 way around so most of the time drippings aren't messing up my wires.  before I go making any holes do you guys have any suggestions on better placement?

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
Re: probe ports
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2018, 07:55:00 PM »
I haven't drilled any of mine for wires yet, but I just used the search to look for "probe wire grommet" on this forum and got a ton of posts about various techniques. Good luck, and let us see how you do it!
A bunch of black kettles
-JC

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2018, 06:51:59 PM »
I’d go over the grate

Having used WSM’s with Guru and Cajun Bandit probe ports through the grate holder bolt hole, I grew tired of running my probes under the grate

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

inkaddictedchef1

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2018, 10:12:20 PM »
I went above the grate on my custom chocolate ssp build and used the wsm grommet.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

inkaddictedchef1

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2018, 11:20:19 AM »
I'll add pics after tonight's cook.

inkaddictedchef1

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2018, 11:34:11 AM »