Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Genesis question  (Read 1105 times)

Rondo

• WKC Brave
Genesis question
« on: October 31, 2018, 08:29:23 AM »
I am not as familiar with gas grills. I have charcoal. However I noticed a Weber grill cover over a grill at a customers house today. It was stainless steel and said platinum. I asked about it and he has a built in on his patio so he no longer uses the Weber. I asked what it was exactly and he told me 3 burner genesis. Said he would like to get $100 for it. What are some opinions on this?

jeffrackmo

• WKC Ranger
Re: Genesis question
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2018, 10:12:22 AM »
That sounds like a nice gasser for the $.  Is it clean enuff and does it work?  May be able to get him down a little....   Sell him on the extra space with it being gone will provide.  Cash is king ya know.. ;)  I have several 3 burner Genesis'...  cant hurt to offer less.  All he can say is no... Nothing ventured....

Good luck!!
Lets just say I have acquired a few Kettles.  Big and small.   Vintage and New...  Some say I have a problem.  I find the Kettle, buy the Kettle, USE the Kettle...No problem...

Rondo

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2018, 11:43:24 AM »
It looks like a newer version. He said it all works. I don't mind doing a little work if it's worth it. Has 2 side tables. May be a side burner under there. I didn't pull the cover all the way off. New ones look to be at least $700.

SixZeroFour

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2018, 12:56:57 PM »
If it's a platinum model Genesis then its a bit older... likely late 90's early 2000's.

As long as its in nice shape and doesn't need any replacement parts like grates/flav bars etc that's not a bad price. They are great little grills that just keep going with proper maintenance. Be sure to check out the black tube frame of the grill as they can potentially rust out making for a more difficult fix although likely not as much of a concern for you down in TX.
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2018, 07:30:09 PM »
Genesis grills with the burner tubes running from side to side are terrific gas grills; built to last, well designed and simple to work on. Parts are still easy to get too.
 If you don't have at least one, you need one.

$0.02
[emoji6]
A bunch of black kettles
-JC

Rondo

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2018, 04:49:05 AM »
My plan is to go back and check it out. Then offer $75