Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Extra low and slow spares  (Read 917 times)

Chasing_smoke

• WKC Ranger
Extra low and slow spares
« on: June 02, 2013, 10:55:56 PM »
Hey guys tonight's menu featured spare ribs. The last time I did them it was my first long cook of the year and I didn't realize my thermometer was off by 40 degrees. So my planned 3 hour cook was off by a long shot. But the ribs were fantastic when they finished. So tonight I decided I'm going to try it again at low temps 200-210 degrees and let the kettle so its job.

For me there is something very special about doing really long cooks. I love the experience of it. I was having a rough day and needed something to occupy my mind. So I went out and setup redhead Sue for a long cook. I did the 3 coal snake setup I've seen here on a lot of cooks and spread some cherry chips overtop. Lit 5 coals and closed the lid bottom vents 3/4 open and top all the way open.

Here she is going on the grill with a homemade rub.

Smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, small amount of chili powder, ancho chili powder, salt, black pepper, dry mustard, ground ginger, touch of cinnamon and just enough brown sugar to balance it out. Sorry gents I don't measure very often lol

Here it is about 4.5 hours in.

Finished product after about 7 hours.

Truly the best ribs I've ever cooked ultra juicy, in fact the best ribs I've ever had period. 

I know most people do these much faster but damn I love this method for me.

Thanks for looking guys!
MH Copper mist, Daisy Wheel P, Homer Simpson OTG, Blue 18, Blue Mastertouch, SJS, Genesis Sliver B, Red 18 Bar-b-q-kettle Pat Pending, Copper performer

bob hope

• WKC Ranger
Extra low and slow spares
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2013, 11:18:40 PM »
They look great! Just think your only going to get better at making them!
Because Here we are Friends. Here we are Brothers.
A family in the name of Weber.

Duke

• The Duke
Re: Extra low and slow spares
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2013, 05:54:04 AM »
Fantastic looking ribs! You can't miss with a rub like that.