Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Chinese takeout........  (Read 1146 times)

Craig

• WKC Mod
Chinese takeout........
« on: June 02, 2013, 09:28:21 PM »
But first...............make it yourself, prep it in your kitchen.......and TAKE OUT to your grill and cook it up!
We are huge Chinese take out/fried rice junkies in our house, I've always wanted to make my own, and tonight was the night to give it a shot. I recently got a Paella Pan...courtesy of Duke and I broke it in for tonight's cook. I pre cooked about 6 cups of rice on the stove while I did the prep work for the ingredients. I chopped up some chicken breast tenders.. this is Chicken Fried Rice, a couple scallions/green onions, a half a red bell pepper and some spice fried rice seasoning. I oiled up the pan and scrambled an egg then set it aside.. then w/ 4 tablespoons of vegetable oil I fried up the rice, then added some soy sauce then put in the chicken, scallions, red pepper and the seasoning...then added the scrambled egg back in. I set up the grill for indirect cooking....one charcoal fuel tray on one side, this made it very easy to control the temperature. Id stir it frequently, cover for about 3-4 minutes, stir again.... 15 minutes later, it was done. Then I fried up some premade egg rolls. This was a huge hit. We devoured the fried rice pretty quickly. The Paella pan: 1st cook and I'm hooked! With a little oil, nothing stuck, nothing burned, I was abled to control the temperatures by maneuvering the pan from one side of the grill to the other. Thanks Duke for the pan and my family says thank you for adding one more lineup to the dinner rotation.  :D

The star of tonight's cook: Smoked Red 22

All done and taken inside. I stole a few sample tastes..

Now for the egg rolls

All plated and ready to dig in.  :)

« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 09:41:30 PM by Craig »

Chasing_smoke

• WKC Ranger
Chinese takeout........
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2013, 09:43:12 PM »
Damn Craig that looks awesome! Nice dishes and another hit with the family is always good. You deliver right?!
MH Copper mist, Daisy Wheel P, Homer Simpson OTG, Blue 18, Blue Mastertouch, SJS, Genesis Sliver B, Red 18 Bar-b-q-kettle Pat Pending, Copper performer

bob hope

• WKC Ranger
Chinese takeout........
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2013, 11:14:17 PM »
That looks awesome!! Who would have ever thought "Chinese" on the grill.
Because Here we are Friends. Here we are Brothers.
A family in the name of Weber.

Duke

• The Duke
Re: Chinese takeout........
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2013, 05:58:49 AM »
I'm floored! Fantastic! I really need to give fried rice a try! Good move on the egg rolls too, they look perfect. The Duke Wok is about the only pan I use these days.