Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: London broil on the smoky joe  (Read 3636 times)

Hambone1950

• Smokey Joe
London broil on the smoky joe
« on: June 02, 2013, 03:12:01 PM »
So after church today , me n sweetie did some food shopping and she mentioned that London broil was on sale and might be nice for supper. Well , who am I to argue with a lady?

So , we (she) decided we should cut that bad boy in half....I concurred. Gave tonight's half a little spritz of Worcestershire sauce and dusted it with Montreal steak seasoning .(the other half I believe I may marinate overnight in eye-talian dressing and cook another night....but I digress.)

Fired up the smoky joe....

Once the fire was blistering hot , i let the grate get nice and hot and slapped the meat on it.....4 minutes on a side and flip

four minutes on that side and flip....

then a minute on each side , flip , flip and it felt medium rare so I took it off to let it rest....(no pic of resting meat) sliced it on the bias , like bobby flay taught me....

i hate to brag...(who am I kidding? I love to brag.) but this was so delicious , I surprised myself. Moist , tender....that peppery , salty Montreal spice....nice char on the outside and nice and soft and juicy inside. I could've eaten it a tiny bit more rare , but sweetie likes it medium , so I just acted like I meant to do it medium.

just us two at the picnic table on the patio....paper plates...low key. We had a nice ear of fresh COTC to go with it , but in all the excitement I neglected to snap a plated pic......corn round here's been excellent this year. Hey. Hope you all had as nice a weekend as me. Thanks for lookin.

WE CALL IT BAH-B-CUE

DoppelBock

• WKC Ranger
Re: London broil on the smoky joe
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2013, 06:21:53 PM »
I don't do much London Broil, but your's looks great! Might have to try that tomorrow. :D

Hambone1950

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2013, 04:15:24 AM »
I don't do much London Broil, but your's looks great! Might have to try that tomorrow. :D

It's been a while since I did one too , but with the price of beef lately , the price was right. :)
WE CALL IT BAH-B-CUE

bob hope

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2013, 05:04:13 AM »
I can honestly say I have never cooked one, but it looks mighty good!
Because Here we are Friends. Here we are Brothers.
A family in the name of Weber.

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2013, 06:44:25 AM »
I love that you did it on the SJ!  8)

sunsanvil

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2013, 03:17:51 PM »
Very noob question:  With the meat SO close to what are clearly hot hot coals, how is it you weren't getting crazy flare-ups?

Ted B

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2013, 04:54:23 PM »
Very noob question:  With the meat SO close to what are clearly hot hot coals, how is it you weren't getting crazy flare-ups?

Keep the cover on. That's the beauty of the weber covered cooking way.

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2013, 06:03:25 PM »
Looks real good, yet another thing to try!
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......