Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Cast iron appreciation thread  (Read 154770 times)

randy

• WKC Ranger
Re: Cast iron appreciation thread
« Reply #45 on: December 11, 2018, 04:29:06 PM »

Grilled Pecan Pie in a Sidney O Wagner.

Sent from my Pixel using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Wagner Ware is the best, grew up in Sidney. Wish I had grandmas collection.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

MTW524

• WKC Brave
« Reply #46 on: December 12, 2018, 01:20:13 PM »

Grilled Pecan Pie in a Sidney O Wagner.

Wagner Ware is the best, grew up in Sidney. Wish I had grandmas collection.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
Randy, me too. [emoji4]

foshizzle

• WKC Brave
« Reply #47 on: December 12, 2018, 08:52:51 PM »
Bought this awhile back at a swap meet cause it looked cool. Still don’t know how to use it. It has a wood handle so don’t think it can be used safely on a BBQ. It’s a Wagner Ware Sidney. O. 1350

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
« Reply #48 on: December 13, 2018, 12:25:54 PM »
Bought this awhile back at a swap meet cause it looked cool. Still don’t know how to use it. It has a wood handle so don’t think it can be used safely on a BBQ. It’s a Wagner Ware Sidney. O. 1350

I never saw that before. I looked up this CI and found it is a Wagner Ware Broiler  NO. 1350. Circa early 1900’s.  Nice save! One on eBay now...
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Wagner-Ware-Sydney-O-1350-Cast-Iron-Broiler-VERY-NICE/253994366961?hash=item3b233e77f1:g:flkAAOSw8Vtb9skQ

Wife said "No more GRILLS in this house!" So I bought a 2nd house!

noreaster

• WKC Brave
« Reply #49 on: December 13, 2018, 04:57:45 PM »
Snagged these 2 bsr century series yesterday. Alabama USA...1960S

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

foshizzle

• WKC Brave
« Reply #50 on: December 13, 2018, 10:06:18 PM »

I never saw that before. I looked up this CI and found it is a Wagner Ware Broiler  NO. 1350. Circa early 1900’s.  Nice save! One on eBay now...
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Wagner-Ware-Sydney-O-1350-Cast-Iron-Broiler-VERY-NICE/253994366961?hash=item3b233e77f1:g:flkAAOSw8Vtb9skQ
Thanks for the info. Haven’t seen anything on the internet to know how it was used. The wood handle is what makes it confusing since the “broiler” can’t be used in an oven.

KevinP

• WKC Brave
« Reply #51 on: December 14, 2018, 07:42:21 PM »
I have a couple of more current pieces and just recently got a Favorite Piqua skillet from my mom. I have a lot of restoring to do. Also found a lodge Dutch oven in really good shape. No lid though.

Mike in Roseville

• WKC Performer
« Reply #52 on: December 14, 2018, 09:52:48 PM »
If you can't find a nice Wagner, just do yourself a favor and get a Field Skillet. It's the one Kent Rollins uses the most in his videos and he has them all.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Cast iron appreciation thread
« Reply #53 on: December 15, 2018, 05:10:34 AM »
If you can't find a nice Wagner, just do yourself a favor and get a Field Skillet. It's the one Kent Rollins uses the most in his videos and he has them all.

Booooo.  I now have light weight glass smooth vintage and I have modern lodge. They both work great but I lean towards my heavier modern lodge. The heat retention is better and they are every bit as non-stick.

Just giving you a hard time mike. I’m sure most would agree with you.

Just my opinion and I certainly wouldn’t mind having a field skillet. They look very well made.

« Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 05:17:42 AM by HoosierKettle »

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #54 on: December 15, 2018, 05:14:06 AM »

Thanks for the info. Haven’t seen anything on the internet to know how it was used. The wood handle is what makes it confusing since the “broiler” can’t be used in an oven.

Maybe it was to be used on an old wood stove on one of the eyes?  That way it would work similar to a grill with direct exposure to the fire while the handle part is protected?  Just a guess.

56MPG

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #55 on: December 20, 2018, 06:54:55 AM »
A local Goodwill runs a weekly silent auction for some of the more valuable stuff it brings in. I won this Griswold dutch oven yesterday. It's a #8 size, around 5 or 6 quarts. Good size for chili or beans on the grill. Nice and flat, and in pretty good shape overall. Might want to restore at some point, but no hurry.

Retired

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #56 on: December 20, 2018, 07:02:59 AM »

I have a couple of more current pieces and just recently got a Favorite Piqua skillet from my mom. I have a lot of restoring to do. Also found a lodge Dutch oven in really good shape. No lid though.

I have that same Dutch oven. A modern lodge lid will fit it.

KevinP

• WKC Brave
« Reply #57 on: December 20, 2018, 08:05:11 AM »
Thanks HoosierKettle.  I was hoping that would be the case. Do you know what size lid I should order?

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #58 on: December 20, 2018, 08:26:44 AM »

Thanks HoosierKettle.  I was hoping that would be the case. Do you know what size lid I should order?

I think mine are both 5 qt but I’m not sure. I’ll check when I get home. That’s assuming yours is the same size as mine. It looks like it from the picture.

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #59 on: December 20, 2018, 09:15:30 AM »

Almost looks like the bars are for freeze run off possibly. Very neat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk