Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Decline in WKC Participation: Thought's and Suggestions?  (Read 17721 times)

YardBurner

• WKC Ranger
Re: Decline in WKC Participation: Thought's and Suggestions?
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2018, 11:58:00 AM »
I hate FaceBook.

When the weather cools is when I really hit the cookers.
This year we've had so much rain it made it hard to plan. (no roof, YET)

The stick burner will be getting a workout this w/e with 4-6 butts for the freezer.

Though not a true "collector" we have a good variety of our own and really do love
seeing the rare and pristine array of kettles in the possession of members here.
@harris92 is in a special class of his own but @Rub is gaining ground.

I try and post as much as I can but not unless it contributes to the conversation.

Rub

• WKC Ranger
    • Swamp Boys BBQ
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2018, 12:20:10 PM »
My free time has been cut at least in half since August with my new teaching assignment and my parents needing more help. I do hit FB when I don’t have time to do a quality post. I save those for here. This place will always be first for me. I retire next June and then y’all will be putting a limit on the number of posts I can make [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
In the market for unicorns to complete my collection: Ambassador, Plainsman, Meat Cut, Custom, Blue 18 MBH, Green 18 MBH

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2018, 12:35:30 PM »
My free time has been cut at least in half since August with my new teaching assignment and my parents needing more help. I do hit FB when I don’t have time to do a quality post. I save those for here. This place will always be first for me. I retire next June and then y’all will be putting a limit on the number of posts I can make [emoji1]

We may have to put a limit on how many grills you can collect down there in Weber Haven, FL
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2018, 12:37:22 PM »

This place will always be first for me. I retire next June and then y’all will be putting a limit on the number of posts I can make [emoji1]

WKC need you. You need to retire now!

mcgolden

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2018, 01:29:04 PM »
While I appreciate the attempt to build on WKC membership through the Facebook group, I do feel it has started to cannibalize this forum. It was nice when there was one place to look for sales, cooking tips, to see people’s cooks, etc. I’m also not big on Weber posts liberally peppered throughout my other Facebook content. No offense against the Facebook group, but I love this site and hope it remains strong.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

qrczak1

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2018, 01:44:04 PM »
I don’t use Facebook. I have only been on this form for over a year or so. I love it I have gained tons of Info... I used to post a lot of pictures of my cooks and such . But would have maybe a reply or two. I stopped because it seemed like it wasn’t very important .  Didn’t want to clutter up the page with pictures of chicken legs lol. I truly think this place is awesome with a lot of awesome ppl. Maybe a way to “spice” it up . Just my thoughts .....

+1 I also don't use Facebook at all. This forum is really a great place to be, to learn and to share!

jp217p

• WKC Brave
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2018, 01:49:01 PM »
I don't use Facebook, I use the WKC App. One of the few things I can use without having a Facebook account or Instagram account. I love this app, it's my go to social media fix. I love Weber and all things BBQ. This is a place I feel is perfect. It's the internet taylored to my liking.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

56MPG

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2018, 03:42:56 PM »
I don't have a FB account. Over time, I've noticed the Club become fractured geographically; Australia, Chicago, St Louis, SOCAL, etc. in no particular order. Lots of areas of the country and the globe are left out or left to themselves. Founding members rarely post anymore. Meetups happen, but it's tough to pull off and get people to come out. Plenty of members could contribute a lot more than they do, but its simpler to post a pic in the "No Explanation" thread than research an article, document a Restore or list every freakin' logo grill or color Weber ever made. Everyone has different priorities, strengths and bandwidth. Having said all that, I prefer a smaller group in general - always have. Even if we got down to 20 or 30 solid members (OK maybe 50) who keep the flame lit that would be fine with me, but I understand it would be tough to keep the lights on in this format. Members ebb and flow, some get the bug and find it to be a fun escape from the daily grind. Some may be waiting or direction or support - thinking there must be a whole gang of professionals driving all this. Some get turned off by bad behavior or misunderstanding. The reality is its just a bunch of goofy grill people messing around with old kettles. That's OK in my book. Let's see if we can make it to 10! I'll start working on the anniversary logo - four years may be just enough time.

Marty
Retired

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2018, 04:18:36 PM »
Well spoken as always Marty

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2018, 06:55:45 PM »
Since I’m interested in and cooking on many different cookers, it’s just easier to post on my Left Hand Smoke page and share to the various groups that pertain to whatever is going on.
On the other hand there are way too many Weber related Facebook pages that it’s hard to keep up with all of them. That goes for WSM pages and modifications groups as well.
I’m pretty much a thread killer here

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

crowderjd

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2018, 07:12:50 PM »
I’m as guilty as anyone...I admit it’s easier to post on FB...I still love it here...it’s a respite from all the politics and negativity of fb...big cook tomorrow...I’ll try to put together a good post on Sunday.  I want to see WKC live on. 
Chasing the impossibles: Westerner, Custom, Meat Cut!

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2018, 09:29:27 PM »
I dont facebook, i instagram. But me personally have just been busy. I check in periodically but dont have much to contribute due to nothing really going on on my end.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Fire Starter

• WKC Brave
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2018, 09:48:48 PM »
I feel a cook coming on

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club

solidgoldstein

• WKC Brave
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2018, 11:25:15 PM »
I’m newer to the group, but have learned tons in my couple months involved! I’ve also had a chance to interact with several Bay Area/Sacramento people. Mike, Matt, Sidney, and Jim have welcomed me to the local WKC chapter which has been great. I enjoy all that I see and try and learn something new about Weber’s everyday. Keep it up everyone!

Kneab

• WKC Performer
« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2018, 04:47:31 AM »
I'm not sure what part of the app makes it difficult for the novice user. The only problem that I ever have with it is when I try to attach a picture to a pm it won't allow me too. I switch over to Tapatalk to do that.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

ISO Brown Go Anywhere