Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Decline in WKC Participation: Thought's and Suggestions?  (Read 17723 times)

Mike in Roseville

• WKC Performer
Decline in WKC Participation: Thought's and Suggestions?
« on: October 05, 2018, 07:50:47 AM »
Lately, it seems content contribution on this site has been in a sharp decline over the past few months. Many who used to post cooks no longer do so. Many familiar voices appear to have moved on.

So, I wanted to start a dialogue to check the pulse of the WKC.

Do you personally feel the WKC participation is declining? If so, why? What measures could be taken to reinvigorate the community?

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
Re: Decline in WKC Participation: Thought's and Suggestions?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2018, 08:44:37 AM »
I've noticed that also. Sharp decline seemed to have started at the middle of spring.  Much fewer new threads and comments. Seemed like they have moved on to FB as quite a few members are very active there.

inkaddictedchef1

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2018, 09:10:05 AM »
I've noticed that also. Sharp decline seemed to have started at the middle of spring.  Much fewer new threads and comments. Seemed like they have moved on to FB as quite a few members are very active there.
+1

Sent from my SM-G965U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2018, 09:11:23 AM »
I do believe that a lot of people like the instant feel of Facebook pages, I am not one of them. I prefer this forum because the feeling of speaking with actual people feels more real to me. @Mike in Roseville participation does feel like it has declined. I truly enjoy this forum and the members here. not a lot of drama! great ideas and all the things we do here as a community. How to reinvigorate I don't have any ideas but I am willing to help do that.
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2018, 09:23:53 AM »
I don’t do Facebook. This is a great community. I’ll still post away. Hopefully lots more cooks when work slows down.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2018, 09:26:45 AM »
I don’t do Facebook. This is a great community. I’ll still post away. Hopefully lots more cooks when work slows down.

I gain inspiration from your cooks @HoosierKettle keep "em coming!  this community can regroup from a downturn let's do it
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2018, 09:51:19 AM »
Another thing that I've noticed is that a lot of of new members join either to sell, gauge the value of their kettle or ask a specific question. Once they get their amswers, they never come back.

Kneab

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2018, 10:04:53 AM »
I don't do Facebook either.
I too have noticed the lack of participation.
I haven't posted too many cooks myself  lately because they have been the same as a previous cook that I have posted, or I have not taken pictures or good enough pictures to post. I am cooking a five pound bacon wrapped meatloaf tomorrow. I will try to get some good pictures of it to post.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

ISO Brown Go Anywhere

randy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2018, 10:32:27 AM »

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
Decline in WKC Participation: Thought's and Suggestions?
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2018, 10:59:55 AM »
I don't do Facebook either.
I too have noticed the lack of participation.
I haven't posted too many cooks myself  lately because they have been the same as a previous cook that I have posted, or I have not taken pictures or good enough pictures to post. I am cooking a five pound bacon wrapped meatloaf tomorrow. I will try to get some good pictures of it to post.

Starting a new thread is a start.  But if there's no responses/comments from other members, then  the thread is basically cut off. Consequently the person who started the thread will be less likely to  post a similar new thread in the future.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 11:11:05 AM by Jules V. »

Firemunkee

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2018, 11:06:10 AM »
Nice noticed that too when I realized it takes me less some to go through a day's worth of posts than it used to lol.

I don't have Facebook so I don't know what goes over there. I do love this community though!

I haven't been able to grill much for to the business of life. The times I do it is a quick late weekday grill where I'm just trying to get a simple dinner on the table. I do find value it posting simple cooks; it promotes community, shows that you don't need to be a super chef or have an amazing kettle on order to post something, but I just haven't take the time to do take pictures and share.

I also found myself with over 1000 posts in a matter of months and I didn't even realize it. I missed my 1000th post :( and I felt like most of my presence was just simple replies that didn't add much. There is value in that to, again promoting community and what not. I just for some reason decide to minimize what I post.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Together we'll fight the long defeat.

Firemunkee

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2018, 11:08:36 AM »

I gain inspiration from your cooks @HoosierKettle keep "em coming!

@HoosierKettle as do I! Your cooks were a big reason I got a WSM! Too bad I've had it for months and haven't done a no-water-pan cook yet 😶
Together we'll fight the long defeat.

Dc_smoke309

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2018, 11:25:25 AM »
I don’t use Facebook. I have only been on this form for over a year or so. I love it I have gained tons of Info... I used to post a lot of pictures of my cooks and such . But would have maybe a reply or two. I stopped because it seemed like it wasn’t very important .  Didn’t want to clutter up the page with pictures of chicken legs lol. I truly think this place is awesome with a lot of awesome ppl. Maybe a way to “spice” it up . Just my thoughts .....

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2018, 11:31:40 AM »
I don’t use Facebook. I have only been on this form for over a year or so. I love it I have gained tons of Info... I used to post a lot of pictures of my cooks and such . But would have maybe a reply or two. I stopped because it seemed like it wasn’t very important .  Didn’t want to clutter up the page with pictures of chicken legs lol. I truly think this place is awesome with a lot of awesome ppl. Maybe a way to “spice” it up . Just my thoughts .....

Add some new "spice" to your chicken legs and post away LOL @Dc_smoke309

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2018, 11:34:55 AM »
The site always feels slower when summer turns to fall and "bbq season" comes to an end.

This summer still had more topics and post replies than last summer, but not by much.

The organized leadership effort has been absent for most of this year and I take full responsibility for that.
My life is in a different place than it used to be and my priorities have changed.