Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Decline in WKC Participation: Thought's and Suggestions?  (Read 17794 times)

Scott Zee

• WKC Ranger
Re: Decline in WKC Participation: Thought's and Suggestions?
« Reply #75 on: November 01, 2018, 05:28:54 AM »
So I missed this thread and have to say I'm guilty of not so many posts recently. Lots of personal stuff going on as well as the FB group. I'm certainly going to try and be more active here in the forums. This is where the "REAL" Weber heads are. I've made some great friends here and would hate to see this forum turn into a ghost town. I realize people like the instant responses that FB and other social pages offer but people on those groups come and go. IMO this is the "Must go" for all things to be Weber kettle related. Thanks to all the awesome members here near and far. [emoji111]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

drink a little drink, smoke a little smoke    8)
It's not just a grill, it's a WEBER

fat-boy

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #76 on: November 01, 2018, 10:20:53 AM »

We are a community of kettle heads

I thought Kettle Heads banned a bunch of WKC’rs including me. [emoji23]

J/k

GRAILS: 1950s era Black or Custom finish 22.5, 1978-1980 Blue 22 MBH, 1974-78 Lime 18.5 MBH

Yeah they kicked me out too. Facebook drama is a different kind of drama.
More similar to high school.
WKC is real life where people don't fuck around with nonsense.
I banned myself from Kettleheads!🤣[emoji23]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Brain_STL

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #77 on: November 04, 2018, 08:30:07 PM »

So I missed this thread and have to say I'm guilty of not so many posts recently. Lots of personal stuff going on as well as the FB group. I'm certainly going to try and be more active here in the forums. This is where the "REAL" Weber heads are. I've made some great friends here and would hate to see this forum turn into a ghost town. I realize people like the instant responses that FB and other social pages offer but people on those groups come and go. IMO this is the "Must go" for all things to be Weber kettle related. Thanks to all the awesome members here near and far. [emoji111]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
I must concur.  It’s been a busy fall in that my recently emptied nest has just welcomed my mom into the household. Then, we are now in the middle of buying a new house (that has in-law quarters) that wasn’t expected, but is a one in a million find for the price on 3 acres. My heart is here on the forum, no Facebook for me, but life has seriously got in the way of my postings.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Transit98

• WKC Brave
« Reply #78 on: November 05, 2018, 05:34:15 PM »
What’s an e cook? Sounds cool / asking for a friend

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #79 on: November 06, 2018, 03:51:32 AM »
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #81 on: November 12, 2018, 08:28:22 PM »
I miss the old days..
I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #82 on: November 16, 2018, 06:20:40 PM »
I agree decline for sure, funny how I have said to myself the same thing.
I would post cooks or comments and no action from anyone. It kinda seems like a popularity contest or high school like if your clicked up with the cool crowd. Just seems like a hand full of peeps remain active and comment on each other’s post. I would always see my boy Darko when I initially joined and now is MIA hope he’s alright. 
I STILL LOGG IN and check but it seems like the same old boring posts or same old questions. Sometimes I’ll get lucky and see something cool or some people like to just post and show off their unique kettles and kinda brag about it. But anyway maybe I’m just hating!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
I'm still here. I still check in every few days. 

I haven't posted as much as I used to just because I buggered up my right hand back in May. Recovery has been too damn slow, so I haven't been very active, but I'm still here.

If it makes you feel any better, I got a "boner" just because you missed me!!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D 8) 8) 8) :o :o :o

Darko is BAAAACK!!!

Cellar2ful

« Reply #83 on: November 16, 2018, 06:42:55 PM »

If it makes you feel any better, I got a "boner" just because you missed me!!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D 8) 8) 8) :o :o :o

Darko is BAAAACK!!!

That's the Darko we all love and missed.  Welcome back you old codger.
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #84 on: November 16, 2018, 06:54:02 PM »
Thank you so much! I hope all you folks love me as much as I love myself!

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #85 on: November 17, 2018, 04:45:14 AM »
Ah the wit and wisdom from Darko we all love

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

SmokenJoe

• WKC Performer
« Reply #86 on: December 02, 2018, 04:40:17 PM »
Sometimes, just sometimes, life gets in the way of passion-for-kettle-cooking.  I too have been overcome by my non-kettle activities lately.  Of course, I never use all the kettles I collected found so nothing to really share.

Hmmmm, did you hear the one about   ...   Oh well, I do love this site and I'd never not join in from time to time.  Just NEVER on FB.

SJ
"Too Beef, or Not too Beef" ...

Looking for Dark Blue MBH 22", Dark Green MBH 22", Yellow MBH 22", Glen Blue MBH 22", Avocado MBH 22".

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #87 on: January 24, 2019, 10:15:04 AM »

This is why the WKC Forum will survive.   

I’m still searching for a Coppermist MT, so if anyone has a spare one to get rid of please let me know.

Dennis

@bladz

.........I have the goods to complete this & it's yours....
Down side is it has to wait for a few weeks as I'm so overloaded @ work I can't even hardly breathe!!

It's a brownie / copper mist in semi-rough shape, "D" (Demo) stamp, all pieces except for the therm in the lid......

.....Happy 8th !!!

Oh my!  Just looked at my phone and can’t believe what I’m reading!  Thanks so much @1buckie, Ken!  I just read your pm and I’m still in shock!  This group is the best!

I agree 110%

....and....all of that was accomplished without a computer....just the wife's iPad.......

Main reason I haven't been here is my rig blew up awhile back & other items have had to take precedence........

....coming soon, to a WKC forum post..... 1buckie..... 8)
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

bladz

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #88 on: January 24, 2019, 06:19:45 PM »
Great news Ken. Welcome back.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

EricD

• WKC Brave
« Reply #89 on: January 30, 2019, 08:19:40 AM »
I think I'm one of the guilty ones that haven't been around.   Not that was a daily poster or anything but just haven't been around.   I actually had some spare time today and thought I'd pop in and lurk when I found this thread.
No particular reason for not coming around.   I hate FB, I do have an account but use it only to see my grandkids.  I have been checking in on the BBQ Brethren site more, but again no particular reason.
I do enjoy this forum too.   
I think now that I don't really consider myself a newbie anymore, I have less questions so no need to post.....  Then when someone asks for advise, I feel there are still more experienced cooks here that can answer better than I can so I don't reply to them.  It's also winter and I don't cook much outside when it gets cold.   I used to, but as I age I've realized the cold sucks!
22" Kettle black, 18" Kettle black,Genesis S-310 Stainless Gasser, Genesis Silver Edition Gasser, 22" Weber Smoky Mountain, 28" Blackstone Griddle, Blackstone Pizza oven, Maverick ET-732
ThermaPop, Grillaholics Grill Mat, PizzaQue, Kettle Rotiserrie