Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Decline in WKC Participation: Thought's and Suggestions?  (Read 17811 times)

sunlitcowboy

• Smokey Joe
Re: Decline in WKC Participation: Thought's and Suggestions?
« Reply #60 on: October 06, 2018, 07:26:51 PM »
Could very be. Maybe what used to be fresh and exciting has become old. Maybe other venues should be explored

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T807A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Cellar2ful

« Reply #61 on: October 07, 2018, 09:06:59 AM »

This is why the WKC Forum will survive.   

I’m still searching for a Coppermist MT, so if anyone has a spare one to get rid of please let me know.

Dennis

@bladz

.........I have the goods to complete this & it's yours....
Down side is it has to wait for a few weeks as I'm so overloaded @ work I can't even hardly breathe!!

It's a brownie / copper mist in semi-rough shape, "D" (Demo) stamp, all pieces except for the therm in the lid......

.....Happy 8th !!!

Oh my!  Just looked at my phone and can’t believe what I’m reading!  Thanks so much @1buckie, Ken!  I just read your pm and I’m still in shock!  This group is the best!

"Chasing Classic Kettles"

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #62 on: October 07, 2018, 09:31:31 AM »

I’m still searching for a Coppermist MT, so if anyone has a spare one to get rid of please let me know.

Dennis

@bladz

Down side is it has to wait for a few weeks as I'm so overloaded @ work I can't even hardly breathe!!

It's a brownie / copper mist in semi-rough shape, "D" (Demo) stamp, all pieces except for the therm in the lid......

.....Happy 8th !!!

Oh my!  Just looked at my phone and can’t believe what I’m reading!  Thanks so much @1buckie, Ken!  I just read your pm and I’m still in shock!  This group is the best!

I agree 110%
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

inkaddictedchef1

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #63 on: October 07, 2018, 02:33:00 PM »

Dennis

@bladz

.....Happy 8th !!!

I agree 110%
+1 ... lemme check but I believe I have a thermometer and shroud for you as well!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Schaefd2

• WKC Ranger
Decline in WKC Participation: Thought's and Suggestions?
« Reply #64 on: October 07, 2018, 03:54:06 PM »
I didn’t get to read through all 7 pages, but I’ll say my participation here has declined due to football season. I coach middle School football so 6 days a week, I’m doing that and when I’m not, I’m with my family.

Also, ALL of my grilling posts are out here. I don’t post anything grill related there as those people don’t understand my Weberitis like you guys and gals do.

That being said, I have a good post to put out there. I’ll go do that now.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
I've been called the Robin Hood of Weber Kettles.

RumBar

• WKC Brave
« Reply #65 on: October 08, 2018, 04:15:44 PM »
I’m still here visiting multiple times a day but I rarely post pics of my cooks anymore because they are usually the same old cooks I’ve done for a while now and when I do grill up something new and exciting I forget to take the dang pictures. I don’t Facebook or any other media, just watching what happens here.  I think even though I have all seen the same pork ribs hundreds of times I still feel inspired to fire up the grill and hone the skills I have due to those same old pork ribs. My nemesis this summer has been beef short ribs (Dino Bones) trying to perfect them, sometimes doing them multiple weekends in a row but only because of the inspiration found here.
I don’t collect as much as I used to as I ran out of room but I did find a nice red head yesterday. So I guess I just need to pull out my camera, post some pics and hope I inspire someone else to light a fire.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

XRichard23

• WKC Brave
« Reply #66 on: October 09, 2018, 07:39:20 PM »
I’m fairly new and didn’t really post much before, but I’ve really kinda disappeared from this place lately. As someone said earlier, I also have a 3 and 1 year old so time has been scarce.  But I did just score a brand new in box 18” WSM and a brand new in box 26” kettle in consecutive weekends for half price each! I’ve really wanted both of those for a while now, so I’m pretty stoked for that.  I’ll check in more for sure.

Own: 22" Blue Platinum, Blue Performer 3rd Gen, 22" Blue MT, 22" Blue OTG, 26” Black OTG; 18" WSM
ISO: Blue 18”

Lightning

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #67 on: October 10, 2018, 08:45:12 AM »
Time being scarce has been a problem for me too.  I've been swamped with work and a bunch of other stuff plus we've had several bouts of rainy weather here so I've been eating out more from being away from home, not cooking anything of note, or been rained out and not firing anything up outdoors.  My participation level unfortunately reflects that.  Hopefully things will settle down and change for the better once I'm off the midnight shift rotation that's coming up.

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #68 on: October 12, 2018, 08:36:09 AM »
Facebook serves it's purpose but will never replace the archive of information and ease of access through searches available here.

The searchable archive of posts here is incredible. 

Thanks to the mods for putting in the work to keep it going.

Much appreciated.
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

XRichard23

• WKC Brave
« Reply #69 on: October 12, 2018, 11:06:38 PM »

Facebook serves it's purpose but will never replace the archive of information and ease of access through searches available here.

The searchable archive of posts here is incredible. 

Thanks to the mods for putting in the work to keep it going.

Much appreciated.
Agreed. The searchable content found here is amazing

Own: 22" Blue Platinum, Blue Performer 3rd Gen, 22" Blue MT, 22" Blue OTG, 26” Black OTG; 18" WSM
ISO: Blue 18”

Speedster

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #70 on: October 13, 2018, 10:26:31 AM »
I agree decline for sure, funny how I have said to myself the same thing.
I would post cooks or comments and no action from anyone. It kinda seems like a popularity contest or high school like if your clicked up with the cool crowd. Just seems like a hand full of peeps remain active and comment on each other’s post. I would always see my boy Darko when I initially joined and now is MIA hope he’s alright. 
I STILL LOGG IN and check but it seems like the same old boring posts or same old questions. Sometimes I’ll get lucky and see something cool or some people like to just post and show off their unique kettles and kinda brag about it. But anyway maybe I’m just hating!

Webers rule

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #71 on: October 13, 2018, 10:55:31 AM »
I agree decline for sure, funny how I have said to myself the same thing.
I would post cooks or comments and no action from anyone. It kinda seems like a popularity contest or high school like if your clicked up with the cool crowd. Just seems like a hand full of peeps remain active and comment on each other’s post. I would always see my boy Darko when I initially joined and now is MIA hope he’s alright. 
I STILL LOGG IN and check but it seems like the same old boring posts or same old questions. Sometimes I’ll get lucky and see something cool or some people like to just post and show off their unique kettles and kinda brag about it. But anyway maybe I’m just hating!

Not going into specifics but you definitely have a valid point.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #72 on: October 14, 2018, 08:54:11 AM »
Sometimes the forum is busy enough that some posts and comments go unnoticed. That’s ok and do not get discouraged. I’ve had several posts with no replies and several with. I don’t think it has anything to do with a popularity contest. Just the natural ebb and flow of the forum from time to time.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #73 on: October 14, 2018, 08:59:08 AM »
Also just because a post or comment gets no reply does not mean it was not read or impactful to someone.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #74 on: October 14, 2018, 09:42:09 AM »
I agree with you @hoosierkettle, take this thread for example over 2000 views and now 75 replies

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill