Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Salmon on the 26  (Read 1388 times)

Bbqmiller

• WKC Ranger
Salmon on the 26
« on: June 01, 2013, 04:52:11 PM »
I think the 26 was getting a little jealous with all the action the RK was getting lately. Wife picked up a huge chunk of salmon. Cooked it over a couple chunks of alder. Nothing like salmon grilled over a live fire. Also steamed some cauliflower/carrots and baked a couple of sweet potatoes.
Just salt and pepper

I used to fail miserably at grilling fish with it falling apart - amazing what a lot of practice does

Sorry no other pics - long day and the family was hungry.

Chasing_smoke

• WKC Ranger
Salmon on the 26
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2013, 04:55:13 PM »
That's a great looking piece of fish! Plenty of room on that 26er I would love one some day.
MH Copper mist, Daisy Wheel P, Homer Simpson OTG, Blue 18, Blue Mastertouch, SJS, Genesis Sliver B, Red 18 Bar-b-q-kettle Pat Pending, Copper performer

HankB

• WKC Performer
Re: Salmon on the 26
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2013, 07:20:29 PM »
Nice cook. I like salmon too. (Actually... there's not a lot I don't like  ;D ) I got some alder chips and I need to give them a try next time I grill salmon. I've been using cherry which also works very well.
kettles, smokers...

Duke

• The Duke
Re: Salmon on the 26
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2013, 07:34:38 PM »
Look like you nailed that salmon from here!

Bbqmiller

• WKC Ranger
Salmon on the 26
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2013, 08:31:19 PM »
That's a great looking piece of fish! Plenty of room on that 26er I would love one some day.
Thanks - I have to say that if I could have only one grill, it would be the 26. It does give more room for indirect, and I find temp control to be even easier than on a standard size kettle.