Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Pellet Conversion Question  (Read 1431 times)

solidgoldstein

• WKC Brave
Pellet Conversion Question
« on: September 24, 2018, 07:11:49 PM »
Was wondering if anyone has experience with any kettle pellet conversions. There’s a Sacramento local company that produces one, was considering picking one up...the local product is called the Stoven by American Sundancer. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

swamprb

• WKC Performer
Re: Pellet Conversion Question
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2018, 03:54:51 AM »
I used the Pellet Pro/Cajun Bandit Stacker for the 22” WSM for a few years. I wanted portability so I built a cart from a Weber gasser frame and cut a kettle bowl to mount the pellet hopper. Updated it with a PID controller and a HD hot rod and it RAWKS! It’s a dedicated smoker and not a grill per se like the Stoven.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
Re: Pellet Conversion Question
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2018, 04:55:56 AM »

I used the Pellet Pro/Cajun Bandit Stacker for the 22” WSM for a few years. I wanted portability so I built a cart from a Weber gasser frame and cut a kettle bowl to mount the pellet hopper. Updated it with a PID controller and a HD hot rod and it RAWKS! It’s a dedicated smoker and not a grill per se like the Stoven.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
I love this rig!!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club