Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Argentina Style BBQ  (Read 1016 times)

Cellar2ful

Argentina Style BBQ
« on: September 23, 2018, 07:40:07 PM »

I have a close friend that is on the board of the Lazarex Cancer Foundation.  It is a nonprofit foundation that provides financial help and advice for cancer patients wanting to participate in FDA clinical trials.  Last year my friend bid on and won a Charity auction lot, raising funds for Lazarex.  The lot consisted of a guided nature hike of Mt Diablo, a private dinner and live music for 10 people.  He invited my wife and I to be part of the 10 people attending yesterday's event.

The Executive Chef for the event has traveled extensively in Argentina and you can see the Argentinian influence in his cooking.  The food was amazing.

Cancer is a random, indiscriminate disease. I lost my mother, and several of my work com-padres to cancer.  5 years ago, I was the best man for a very dear friend at his wedding.  1 year ago in October he passed away from stage 4 colon cancer. He was diagnosed two years ago and was 48 years old when he died.   If you have not had a friend, acquaintance or relative touched by it, unfortunately there is a strong likelihood you will.   I have included a link below to the Lazarex Foundation so that in the event anyone has a friend or love one that has cancer, it may be another resource for them.  We can only hope and pray that there will be a cure for cancer discovered soon.

https://www.lazarex.org/

"Chasing Classic Kettles"

Harleysmoker

• WKC Brave
Re: Argentina Style BBQ
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2018, 07:02:12 PM »
Nice cook! Is the firebox on the side for adding hot coals to the cooking side as needed?

My mom was diagnosed with cancer about 3 years ago. She had a tumor in throat, Colon, and Pancreas. They cut 12" of her colon out, used a combination of radiation and chemo to get rid of the throat one in fear she would never talk again. Thank god the 3rd one was not attached to the pancreas.

The radiation burnt her throat raw. She could not eat. She lost a bunch of weight. Looking like a skeleton they put a liquid food thing into her stomach to feed her.

She is ok now and we pray it dont return.

The thing is, I believe, the cancer wont stop. Look at our water supplies and food. They spray cancer causing things on our food to kill weeds, bugs, fertilizer, pump animals full of crap before butcher. Lawn fertilizer and bug control, all that shit is running into water supplies.

My area of the Florida Gulf is having a Red Tide/Algea year like never before. The fish, dolphins, manatees, turtles, crabs, are dying.

Hell they say Fruit Loops has a high rate of cancer causing agents in it and people feed their kids that stuff everyday!

My grandma died at 93, them days are long gone!

Cellar2ful

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2018, 09:55:58 PM »

The firebox is actually for adding logs of wood.  The logs burn, dropping coals below.  The coals are then raked to an area you want below the food.  The coals can be pushed to the sides for indirect cooking. The Chef is actually raking the coals in the first photo posted above.

I have a friend that has a similar feeding tube.  He had cancer of the tongue.  Same thing.  The radiation caused so much scar tissue he can no longer eat or drink anything.  He is a 6 year survivor now.  Both my sister and niece are also cancer survivors (warriors).
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 09:58:55 PM by Cellar2ful »
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2018, 05:52:21 AM »
I would love that set up. Cooking directly over coals is always my favorite way to bbq. Especially chicken.

My cousin was diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer at 38 and was gone by 40. I’ve talked to doctors and they recommend getting colonoscopies much sooner than the recommended 50.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app