Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Ooni or Roccbox pizza oven  (Read 3554 times)

Hogsy

• WKC Performer
Ooni or Roccbox pizza oven
« on: September 18, 2018, 10:05:12 PM »
Any members own a Ooni or Roccbox?
After seeing one in action I’m contemplating purchasing one , they look the goods
I'm only 2 or 3 kettles away from being that creepy guy down the street with all the Webers
                            WKC Collaborator
                        Viva La  Charcoal Revolution

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
Re: Ooni or Roccbox pizza oven
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2018, 01:15:16 AM »
They do look pretty sweet. I have a kettle pizza and for the amount of times we fire it up it's about the amount of money I want to have invested in a pizza making system. After reading the reviews on the ooni yesterday it sounds like there's a bit of a learning curve.  If I didn't know some of the tricks to making it I'd be very frustrated and would have given up.   If you get one be sure to read up and don't get frustrated if it doesn't come out perfect the first time, you'll get the hang of it and the pizzas can be amazing.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

Shanks Kop

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2018, 11:59:22 AM »
Hi I have an Uuni (Ooni I believe is the new name), as above definitely persevere and it turns out good pizzas, bit it takes practice. It helps having two people if you're looking to get a production line going.

If you're happy to churn them out at a leisurely pace, it can be done by one person

I've not used the Roccbox, but it's also getting quite good review and meant to be quite a decent product. There's quite a price difference the two here in the UK.

Hogsy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2018, 03:43:26 PM »
Cheers guys, I think the Uuni3 will be what I purchase and will definitely do some research on tips and tricks using it
@Shanks Kop are using pellets or gas?
I'm only 2 or 3 kettles away from being that creepy guy down the street with all the Webers
                            WKC Collaborator

Shanks Kop

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2018, 02:30:47 PM »
Pellet's (I like playing with fire), but I'm told the gas holds a more steady temp

Shanks Kop

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2018, 05:30:05 AM »
Hi Hogsy, just a quick look for some pics the good and the bad progressively improving, some at the early stages of discovery.

You will inevitably need to have a play with your different dough and sauces.  I'm a massive fan of a marinara pizza, so cheese is missing from a load of these.

Let me know which way you settle and I can give you a few more pointers.

Hogsy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2018, 01:16:38 PM »
Wow! You have been busy, thanks for the inspiration
                            WKC Collaborator

Nate

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2018, 05:15:35 AM »
@Hogsy If you haven’t already pulled the trigger on the uuni, you should also consider the new Pizza Party Adore. https://www.pizzapartyshop.com/en/portable-gas-fired-pizza-ovens-ardore-spacesaving/

Hogsy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2018, 09:45:12 AM »
Thanks Nate but I ended up buying the Roccbox. Had it for a month now and can’t fault it. I’ll have to post some pics
                            WKC Collaborator

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2018, 07:45:25 AM »
A friend of mine has an Uuni as well as a custom brick pizza oven.   He rarely uses the brick oven now.  The Uuni is nice because it doesn't use a lot of fuel (compared to a kettle with a Kettle Pizza) and it gets hot fast.
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

WEBERNV

• WKC Brave
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2018, 06:40:45 PM »
I agree @Nate the Adore looks awesome! I have a pizza party oven and absolutely love it!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 11:53:06 AM by WEBERNV »

FTTH

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2018, 12:00:48 PM »
My Ooni Pro is being delivered today. I’m looking forward to giving it a workout.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

jp217p

• WKC Brave
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2019, 10:35:47 PM »
After today's pizza cook, I think I'm going with the Roccbox. I bought a Big Green Egg Minimax a couple of weeks ago and tried making high temperature pizzas on it for the first time. Well, I fried my bottom gasket. For the money, a better gasket needs to be included. So, I got to talking to my wife and she's ok with me getting the Roccbox. I haven't ordered yet but if and when it arrives I'll keep you posted.
I would've gone with the Kettle Pizza for my Jumbo Joe but they don't make a Pizza Steel for it. So sad...

Sent from my SM-N960U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 10:38:18 PM by jp217p »

WEBERNV

• WKC Brave
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2019, 02:54:15 PM »
After today's pizza cook, I think I'm going with the Roccbox. I bought a Big Green Egg Minimax a couple of weeks ago and tried making high temperature pizzas on it for the first time. Well, I fried my bottom gasket. For the money, a better gasket needs to be included. So, I got to talking to my wife and she's ok with me getting the Roccbox. I haven't ordered yet but if and when it arrives I'll keep you posted.
I would've gone with the Kettle Pizza for my Jumbo Joe but they don't make a Pizza Steel for it. So sad...

Sent from my SM-N960U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
I would give this oven some serious consideration.

https://www.pizzapartyshop.com/en/portable-gas-fired-pizza-ovens-ardore-spacesaving/outdoor-gas-pizza-oven-pizza-party-ardore.html

I own the wood fired oven and love it. Customer service (even from Italy) was top notch.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app