Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Steaks for the Grad!  (Read 1671 times)

One Touch Platinum

• WKC Brave
Steaks for the Grad!
« on: May 31, 2013, 06:51:11 PM »
My Daughter graduated from her cosmetology school today, so for the special occasion I did up some steaks just the way she likes 'em.

All the charcoal was left over from a burger cook I did last night.

My wife seasoned them up and injected them and I reversed sear them and then ......I ate them! Well, I ate one of them.....we had baked potato, cooked carrots, rolls and sautéed mushrooms and onions with them. My instant read thermometer took a shit during the cook but fortunately the steaks were already 10 degrees below my target temp when it died so they came out just right. Sorry no plated pics.
If it needs to be Heated to be Eated, I can do it on my Weber!

Chasing_smoke

• WKC Ranger
Steaks for the Grad!
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2013, 07:11:05 PM »
That's some nice looking steaks there! Congrats to your daughter!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
MH Copper mist, Daisy Wheel P, Homer Simpson OTG, Blue 18, Blue Mastertouch, SJS, Genesis Sliver B, Red 18 Bar-b-q-kettle Pat Pending, Copper performer

HankB

• WKC Performer
Re: Steaks for the Grad!
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2013, 06:29:56 AM »
Looks like one on the left trying to escape in the first pic. ;) I trust it did not make out of the grill until done.  ;D

Good looking steaks and congrats on the graduation.
kettles, smokers...

kaz

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2013, 01:50:50 PM »
Congrats to your daughter, and to you for the great job on the steaks.

I'm curious of the injection, care to share it? Do you think it is better than just marinating? Are u using a jaccard or a injector? Multi- or single tip if an injector? Thanks in advance.
#grubdubs

One Touch Platinum

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2013, 04:57:12 PM »
I will get the injection mix from my wife and post it for you....I don't know about better than marinating....different and was an accident .....was a hectic day and my wife was seasoning the meat and started to inject it before I said something. They turned out great so I would say it is something worth doing again since everyone was going on about the taste . :) I have one of those Butterball steel syringe injectors I got at Lowes for 10 bucks. I think that the real secret is the reverse sear. I know I have posted about reverse searing about 30 time already but it makes getting the steaks off at the right doneness without any guess work .For me it is the second most important technique I use on the kettle after cooking indirect.

One Touch Platinum

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2013, 12:45:09 PM »
The injection was ....butter, steak sauce and Mccormick steak seasoning. No real measurements....she made it up by taste.

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2013, 12:54:05 PM »
You can never go wrong making steak, certainly a meal fit for a new graduate!   Nice work!
Kettle collector AND cooker!

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2013, 05:59:08 AM »
Great looking steaks, the perfect dinner for a grad!

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2013, 09:57:10 AM »
Congrats to your Daughter and to you for good looking steaks!
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......