Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: New Weber Master Touch Premium  (Read 17218 times)

vwengguy

• WKC Ranger
Re: New Weber Master Touch Premium
« Reply #105 on: May 04, 2019, 09:55:10 AM »
I’ll makes some calls this week but the last time I asked about it... the ring and the plate were NOT being sold as separate items as of yet here in Europe .
I know it sucks but it is how they work here.
In the meantime here is quick video I did awhile ago when someone asked for more info on the ring size.
https://youtu.be/vEIeupM-rgo

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
New Weber Master Touch Premium
« Reply #106 on: May 04, 2019, 11:20:34 AM »
Hi all -- I'm really interested in getting my hands on the charcoal ring and diffuser plate to try in my US-market Performer.

Anyone happen to have part numbers or any success finding a way to get those two pieces separately into the USA?

I tried calling Weber USA and they were basically useless. They told me they couldn't even see parts for any UK/EU market models in their system, and the person had never heard of the Master Touch Premium / E-5775 existing before my call. The person also told me something along the lines of, "y'know, the laws are different in different markets, so I bet that's it." C'mon, man, we're talking about a miniature version of the WSM ring. Laws don't enter into it.

Anyways, if anyone has any luck ordering these two parts, please let me know! I love my SnS but I see all these big beautiful 18-20lbs prime briskets at Costco and they just don't fit in the kettle that way. Would like to give this new Weber design a shot to see if it works. Thanks!

You can cook a brisket without any gadgets. There are plenty of different ways.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
« Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 11:28:13 AM by HoosierKettle »

vwengguy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #107 on: May 04, 2019, 11:42:41 AM »
@HoosierKettle I agree 100% !
But I have to deal with what equipment  Weber sponsors me with [emoji57]
Beggars can’t be choosers.. but I can give my opinion on what I get.. [emoji6] and I agree with you... you don’t NEED all the new bells and whistles ... but some of it does help the common everyday cook.
Back to the brisket... if you are trying to cook a 30 lb brisket.... you need a 26” kettle! [emoji23] Ja I love my S’nS Plus but it does limit the total usable cooking grate real estate ... Ja the snake fixes this problem showing that you don’t always need ALL of that stuff.. just Some of it! Or just a bigger grill. [emoji6]

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #108 on: May 04, 2019, 11:46:50 AM »
I liked the comparison video. Thanks for sharing. I like the P vent concept. Maybe it will make its way to the rest of the kettle line up.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

vwengguy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #109 on: May 04, 2019, 11:51:55 AM »
Here in Europe we can get the “Standard” MT line also with the P vents... I would love to pick up a new 2019 Smoke Grey MT with the P vents... to keep my 2015 Smoke Grey company [emoji4]  I don’t need it.. just want it.

tabate

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #110 on: May 04, 2019, 06:30:07 PM »

You can cook a brisket without any gadgets. There are plenty of different ways.

Indeed, I've cooked my fair share, but that doesn't stop me from wanting to try the latest accessory from Weber.