Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: The Ultimate Weber Kettle  (Read 9574 times)

Chasing_smoke

• WKC Ranger
The Ultimate Weber Kettle
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2013, 08:30:23 PM »
Wow I'd love to track one of those 26ers down.
I think the perfect one for me would be a red 26 SS performer with a larger table. The 26 would rest on the left and on the right would be a matching 22. In the middle of the table would have a lid that lifts to reveal two charcoal bins inside the lid would have another compartment to store wood. Of course a good sized tank to light both grills at the same time. Tool rack on each side if your dual grilling. Of course this isn't super portable but I don't move mine very often so it works for me. One can dream I suppose!
MH Copper mist, Daisy Wheel P, Homer Simpson OTG, Blue 18, Blue Mastertouch, SJS, Genesis Sliver B, Red 18 Bar-b-q-kettle Pat Pending, Copper performer

Craig

• WKC Mod
Re: The Ultimate Weber Kettle
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2013, 09:20:55 PM »
I'd make mine a 26.75" version of the Imperial Sequoia, add the modern lid bale, make the wooden table longer, keep the kettle off to one side, and it would be a daisy wheel kettle....it would be outlaw red, I would add a charcoal bin like the Performer,....oh and I would bring back metal wheels with rubber treads.

Hogsy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2013, 09:28:19 PM »
Yeah I remember seeing that 26er performer, wasn't it suppose to be released this year?
One of those in old school yellow would be my ultimate
I'm only 2 or 3 kettles away from being that creepy guy down the street with all the Webers
                            WKC Collaborator
                        Viva La  Charcoal Revolution

DaGoomba

• WKC Brave
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2013, 08:13:57 AM »
Gimee a redhead version!

Thought a thread for everyone to dream up their own idea of the ultimate Weber Kettle would be fun. Here's mine:

26" Performer - Frame and table like the old SS, but with the kettle centered between two tables
Flip-up butcher block on both ends
Lid would hinge to the back and open 90 degrees - like the ones they use at the Weber Grill
Gas-assist - using a 20lb tank so I can swap it with a gasser if needed
Twin table-mounted high output chimney-lighters / side burners
2 storage bins - one for charcoal - one for smoking wood
Bigger version of the gourmet-system grill grate
Color - Black of course! Hey, it's MY dream!

So... what's in your head?

bryanw21157

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2013, 09:38:31 AM »
Sounds like somebody has Redhead Fever !  ;D
The only thing better than BBQ is more BBQ
Black Performer -- 18-1/2" Coca-Cola OTS -- Mini WSM -- 18-1/2" WSM -- 1997 Blue OTG -- 2014 Jumbo Joe / WSM

Jocool

• WKC Ranger
    • Sydneyangler Inc.
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2013, 04:08:44 AM »
I had to build my own ultimate Kettle!

Sorry about the crappy pictures, but it shows them in action.

And I have since added some hooks on the side to hold the lids.

If it breathes, we can cook it!

HankB

• WKC Performer
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2013, 05:24:36 AM »
I had to build my own ultimate Kettle!

Welcome to the WKC.

Nice setup! Were you aware that the Sequoia has a lid holder like that or did you invent that yourself?

kettles, smokers...

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2013, 07:44:55 AM »
You guys that really know how to work with wood make it look easy and elegant. Jocool, what an "entrance" to the forum! Yours deserves it's own thread.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Jocool

• WKC Ranger
    • Sydneyangler Inc.
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2013, 10:30:11 AM »
Thanks for the welcome guys.  Addicted, it does have its own thread in the Aussie forum. Hank, I wasnt aware that I had copied something. Those hooks are readily available here in  Australia.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 01:21:13 PM by Jocool »
If it breathes, we can cook it!

Tim in PA

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2013, 10:48:45 AM »
May I present to you, The Weber King SS Performer:

2 - 22.5" OTG kettles on a SS table. Mini fridge below for easy access to your favorite craft brew or marinading meat. 2 Utensils hanger locations so you don't need to worry about using your tongs from your raw chicken on asparagus that you are pulling off. 2 waterproof drawers to store charcoal or lump, just scoop it out into your chimney. Oh, don't forget the extra space when you flip up the side butcher block extensions. Not shown is the lid holder mechanism on the back side.

-2012 Black Performer-2006 Green OTG-2009 Q Gasser-

HankB

• WKC Performer
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2013, 10:49:43 AM »
Hank, I wasnt aware that I had copied something. Those hooks are readily available here I  Australia.
I wouldn't say copied if you came up with it on your own. Fyi this is what the hooks on the Sequoia look like:

kettles, smokers...

Chasing_smoke

• WKC Ranger
The Ultimate Weber Kettle
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2013, 10:56:09 AM »
Tim that is awesome! Well thought out and full of awesome! I'd build my deck out to fit that setup.

"my kettle is more powerful it will do almost anything."
MH Copper mist, Daisy Wheel P, Homer Simpson OTG, Blue 18, Blue Mastertouch, SJS, Genesis Sliver B, Red 18 Bar-b-q-kettle Pat Pending, Copper performer

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2013, 11:08:11 AM »
Tim, I'll take mine with a narrower table (but with same/similar center area) and no side extensions, so that each bowl hangs off the side like factory Performers do. Although I like the idea of an outside fridge I'd skip that option here. Where do I sign up?
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Tim in PA

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2013, 11:10:22 AM »
Tim that is awesome! Well thought out and full of awesome! I'd build my deck out to fit that setup.

"my kettle is more powerful it will do almost anything."

Thanks, I have just the spot on my deck for it. I just would never the approval from the wife. Lol.

Tim in PA

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2013, 11:11:18 AM »
Tim, I'll take mine with a narrower table (but with same/similar center area) and no side extensions, so that each bowl hangs off the side like factory Performers do. Although I like the idea of an outside fridge I'd skip that option here. Where do I sign up?

Lol. You wouldn't pay what I'd charge to make such a thing. :)