Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Got gas?!?  (Read 1245 times)

inkaddictedchef1

• WKC Ranger
Got gas?!?
« on: August 27, 2018, 11:28:53 AM »
Today's 50 dollar score... 5 minutes from the house. Has natural gas hook ups and the original propane manifold as well. I will convert back to propane. I'm second owner and the original owner just changed the flavorizer bars at the beginning of summer. Looking forward to restoring her and adding her to my charcoal family!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

inkaddictedchef1

• WKC Ranger
Re: Got gas?!?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2018, 11:27:29 PM »
*update needs 10$ burner piece... ordered it and whole new burner assembly free post. Swapped back to propane from natural gas and sparked right up. She's a keeper and will clean up nicely! Excited to put a deep clean into it!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2018, 03:25:18 AM »
So classic
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

jeffrackmo

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2018, 03:49:22 AM »
Love that classic look and grate score!!! 

I have an EI with the same color!!  She needs a little work but she is in the 80% functional category.  Mine fired up right away, I can't get her above 450f.  Not that i will cook that hot but... All my other Genny scores run perfectly!  She may need new burners.  Flames are not as "Hearty" as the other grills. A lot of orange rather than the Normal Blue with orange tips....

Cant wait to see yours in action!

J
Lets just say I have acquired a few Kettles.  Big and small.   Vintage and New...  Some say I have a problem.  I find the Kettle, buy the Kettle, USE the Kettle...No problem...

Rub

• WKC Ranger
    • Swamp Boys BBQ
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2018, 06:06:15 PM »
You stole that for $50 and it has new flavorizer bars. Great find and an excellent gasser. I'm loving mine - so easy and so fast when you don't have a lot of time. Congrats to ya!
In the market for unicorns to complete my collection: Ambassador, Plainsman, Meat Cut, Custom, Blue 18 MBH, Green 18 MBH

DellJones

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2018, 08:06:59 AM »
Nice!! [emoji41][emoji106]🏾[emoji106]🏾

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club