Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Blackstone griddle. Who has one?  (Read 1119 times)

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Blackstone griddle. Who has one?
« on: August 24, 2018, 05:03:29 AM »
I considering a different griddle option other than a skillet or griddle on a kettle. I was thinking it would be nice to have some better temp control. Table top or full size?  Or maybe camp chef stove with griddle accessory?

I tried the carbon steel on my spirit.  Not enough heat.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
Re: Blackstone griddle. Who has one?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2018, 05:22:31 AM »
I considering a different griddle option other than a skillet or griddle on a kettle. I was thinking it would be nice to have some better temp control. Table top or full size?  Or maybe camp chef stove with griddle accessory?

I tried the carbon steel on my spirit.  Not enough heat.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

I don't have one.  I'm at the "testing the patience of the significant other" point with grills at the house.

People that have them, LOVE them.  Read the reviews on amazon.  They really love them.
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2018, 06:46:15 AM »
They are way more common with the bge crowd as it’s harder to smoke and sear on the smaller grates. They absolutely love them. I’d like to try one one day.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2018, 07:08:24 AM »
Do your research, they have a place. I ended up buying a Camp Chef. I have cooked on a Blackstone. The Blackstone had hot spots and the damn grease
would always drip down the side. You will see this in many reviews. Somebody is selling the fix on Ebay for this.

The plus, I found for the Camp Chef, was the griddle and the large grease trap. The griddle is 75#s and comes pre-seasoned. The Blackstone griddle
has three pieces of 1' angle iron welded to the bottom for heat dispersing. The Camp Chef has a full piece 1/4 plate with a about a 1" air gap. Much better
for consistent heat across the griddle.

https://www.campchef.com/flat-top-grill.html
I bought mine for quite a bit less than what they are advertised for now.

This guy has pretty much purchase every flat top out there.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAoGUup8rXk

Mikeyd

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2018, 07:56:03 AM »
I have a blackstone and it gets used a lot mainly for breakfast... Hot spots yes....drain issue on older model yes....if you buy the older model I have a free fix the grease that I will mail to you.

Just picture doing an entire breakfast spread for a family of 4 in 20 min....

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club