Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Anybody on this forum ever paint their kettle?  (Read 3042 times)

Chesterkettle

• Smokey Joe
Anybody on this forum ever paint their kettle?
« on: August 23, 2018, 12:31:04 PM »
Hello Everyone,
 I'm new to the forum and really enjoy seeing all of the unique things people do with their kettles. Quick question - - I've seen people do small repair paint jobs, but I wondered why nobody paints their kettles. I currently own two 22.5" (Red Special Edition and One Touch Silver) and just bought a Smokey Joe. I was thinking about painting the one touch or the Joe with high temp. Any thoughts?

I was also thinking about making a grilling table with a cutout for my Smokey Joe like I've seen people do for full size grills.

If anyone has done this and has pics, I'd love to see. Thanks!

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

Chesterkettle

• Smokey Joe
Re: Anybody on this forum ever paint their kettle?
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2018, 08:10:40 AM »
I guess I just thought it would be more popular. I would love to have one of those vintage yellow or green kettles, but it seems like rather than scouring the internet and paying top dollar (or hoping to find the deal of the century), a couple of cans of paint would get you close

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2018, 08:43:03 AM »

I guess I just thought it would be more popular. I would love to have one of those vintage yellow or green kettles, but it seems like rather than scouring the internet and paying top dollar (or hoping to find the deal of the century), a couple of cans of paint would get you close
Keep the faith, Chesterkettle.  Stick around, build up some kettle karma and you never know what you may find.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Filibuster

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2018, 09:14:28 AM »
   The prepping alone will be enough to change your way of thinking and with each use the paint gets duller, lots of wasted effort. Just be patient learn how to break down and clean a weber because that yellow that comes your way may be beat up.
   Got a brown grill that as a newbie I would have passed on but after working on 25+ grills it's a mild challenge. This is a wonderful forum read each and every section and you will learn.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Radio station WEFUNK 50,000 kilowatts of PFUNK power.

AZ Monsoon

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2018, 01:51:52 PM »
Nah

Sent from my VS987 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Filibuster

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2018, 04:15:04 PM »
Nah

Sent from my VS987 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
[emoji2][emoji2][emoji2] Lol!!!

Sent from my SM-J700P using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Radio station WEFUNK 50,000 kilowatts of PFUNK power.

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2018, 02:57:36 AM »
I sandblasted an SJ lid and painted it RED to match a 15 gallon drum smoker
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

Golly

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2018, 04:33:22 AM »
This one time someone powder coated an SJ yellow 🤣

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
GET ON THAT SHIT
WONT TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2018, 05:50:38 AM »
I sandblasted an SJ lid and painted it RED to match a 15 gallon drum smoker
@swamprb how easy was it to sand blast? what media did you use?
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

AlfredoZRT

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2018, 07:50:54 AM »
Hello Everyone,
 I'm new to the forum and really enjoy seeing all of the unique things people do with their kettles. Quick question - - I've seen people do small repair paint jobs, but I wondered why nobody paints their kettles. I currently own two 22.5" (Red Special Edition and One Touch Silver) and just bought a Smokey Joe. I was thinking about painting the one touch or the Joe with high temp. Any thoughts?

I was also thinking about making a grilling table with a cutout for my Smokey Joe like I've seen people do for full size grills.

If anyone has done this and has pics, I'd love to see. Thanks!

Finished mine this weekend, check out my post for pictures.

Let me know what you think.

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-grill-modifications-customs/grill-cart-for-smokey-joe!/

Chesterkettle

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2018, 12:12:41 PM »

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-grill-modifications-customs/grill-cart-for-smokey-joe!/
Wow! Great job! I actually built a few similar projects. Instead of building a grill table with a cooler built in, I did them separately. I still have to stain the cooler table, but these are pretty much my first projects too.

Chesterkettle

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2018, 12:14:33 PM »
...and I actually returned the Smokey Joe. It just wasn't for me. I bought the 2x4s to make the grilling table with the $

AlfredoZRT

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2018, 12:47:10 PM »

Wow! Great job! I actually built a few similar projects. Instead of building a grill table with a cooler built in, I did them separately. I still have to stain the cooler table, but these are pretty much my first projects too.

Looks great!