Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Finally fired up the gas kettle!  (Read 1045 times)

avega2792

• WKC Brave
Finally fired up the gas kettle!
« on: August 15, 2018, 01:33:30 PM »
I finally got a hold of a propane tank and ceramic briquettes today and luckily I had a salvageable grate to throw on this kettle. First off let me reiterate, I have never been even the least bit a fan of gas grills. I missed the smokey flavor of grilled steak when my dad switched to propane. Ever since then I swore I'd only ever gill over charcoal, but this kettle may have just converted me! I have 4 charcoal kettles that I figured would be buried with me, but to be perfectly honest, this grill almost matches the smoke out of my other kettles and the flavor is not far off either.  I made a a quick lunch to give it a try and I'm impressed, probably going to be my go to for everything not cooked low and slow. I love my gas kettle!

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Finally fired up the gas kettle!
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2018, 02:21:54 PM »
Sweet

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

dazzo

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2018, 07:00:48 PM »
Nice!
Dude, relax your chicken.

Don_

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2018, 03:10:18 PM »
Excellent! [emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club

avega2792

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2018, 08:44:38 PM »
I gave her another go today, but first I went to the hardware store to pick up some pieces to fix a wobble she had. Also picked up some apple wood chips for a pork butt I'm doing this weekend. Tonight's dinner was shrimp and beef sausage with garlic potatoes and roasted corn. I threw on a couple dogs for the kids too. My youngest boy loves roasted corn and the wife loved the shrimp. I just loved firing up my gas kettle!