Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Ghost peppers in the garden....  (Read 2344 times)

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Ghost peppers in the garden....
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2018, 02:35:02 PM »
Mo hotter mo better

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Ghost peppers in the garden....
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2018, 05:26:26 PM »
I love hot shit but ghost peppers scare me. I took a bite of one that someone brought in to work that they grew in their garden. About a half hour of shear torture and my stomach wasn’t right for half a day at least. I like the idea of a sauce. A couple drops hear and there MIGHT be tolerable lol. Sauce looks good. What all went into it?

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2018, 06:21:21 PM »
I think I’ve told this one before here but maybe not. My hottest to date is the Trinidad Scorpion. This pepper is roughly 440,000 SCH hotter than the Ghost pepper. This was an accident by the way.

I like hot peppers pretty well so at a cookout a buddy gives me a small bottle of sauce I hadn’t seen or heard of before. I didn’t read the label, I just had a nice portion on my top bun, bottom bun, in my beans and Mac n cheese. About 6 bites into it my lips were numb and I was involuntarily tearing up.

Ghost pepper is good but from now on I’ll ask questions and read labels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

Mike in Roseville

• WKC Performer
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2018, 07:52:58 PM »
I'd dry them and grind them.

I did that with some Fatalii peppers years back and I'd add an occasional dusting to a pot of chili or on a burger.

A little goes a long way!

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2018, 07:55:21 PM »
I ate some of the peppers that @pbe gummi bear hooked me up with and now I get PTSD at anything hotter than a jalapeno :\

I used to love the spicy, Lawrence! :(

Dc_smoke309

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2018, 02:52:06 AM »

I love hot shit but ghost peppers scare me. I took a bite of one that someone brought in to work that they grew in their garden. About a half hour of shear torture and my stomach wasn’t right for half a day at least. I like the idea of a sauce. A couple drops hear and there MIGHT be tolerable lol. Sauce looks good. What all went into it?

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

6 ghost peppers ( seeds and all)
1 onion
Two medium tomatoes
5 garlic cloves
Salt
Pepper
Red wine vinegar
Water

Let it simmer for 20-30 ish .

Put it in the blender and let it do its thang

Awesome flavor which I expect to change over the next few days as all the flavors mix around . But it has some heat for sure .

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club