Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber to India  (Read 3889 times)

Duke

• The Duke
Weber to India
« on: August 06, 2012, 08:22:28 PM »
This was posted at the wsm site by Kendall Cook. It appears they are making real red again? ???

http://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?34971-Weber-to-India

« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 08:25:27 PM by Duke »

Troy

• Statesman
Re: Weber to India
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012, 09:00:17 PM »
hard to tell. the saturation in that photo is really high, and it's taken under factory fluorescents as well

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 06:19:02 AM »
The greens and blues appear normal. But the copper looks gold and the brick reds look like redheads. It's just another case of Weber teasing us with "look at what they get overseas and you dont because our demographics and sales don't warrant adding color options to our basic black kettle according to our research and consultants" picture. Sorry, it is a neat picture, I just get irritated at Weber's corporate justification of "bbq is a novelty in Europe" so we have to enitice them with vibrant colors. And that we Americans will just settle for black. I know the U.S. vs. overseas color topic has been beaten to death elswhere so I'll stop ranting.

Craig

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2012, 06:23:41 AM »
as a photoshop guy, i feel REALLY confident that those reds are the darker brick reds.

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2012, 06:47:53 AM »
as a photoshop guy, i feel REALLY confident that those reds are the darker brick reds.

True, florescents alone can really brighten darker reds and greens.

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2012, 06:58:42 AM »
Is it possible any of thise brick reds are a 26'r?

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2012, 07:30:33 AM »

True, florescents alone can really brighten darker reds and greens.

definitely. and that LOOKS like an inspection line - so those lights are probably SUPER bright and SUPER white.
Combine that with a photo editor trying to make a photo really pop, and you get a bunch of unhappy weber enthusiasts :)

Is it possible any of thise brick reds are a 26'r?

I don't think so.
The red lid at the bottom is next to an 18" lid and it's not really that much bigger.