Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Waste of Money Accessories  (Read 3022 times)

FTTH

• Smokey Joe
Re: Waste of Money Accessories
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2018, 01:20:15 PM »
Weber fine mesh basket. Bought it 1,5 year ago. Used it once. IMHO, one of the most useless products of Weber.
That basket would be great for roasting coffee beans and chestnuts. I would not put in anything that would clog the mesh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FTTH

• Smokey Joe
Re: Waste of Money Accessories
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2018, 01:24:03 PM »
IMO, this thing and its accessories are a waste of money. Two piece grate is useless and none of the accessories are better than pieces that you just set on top of a standard grate.

https://www.weber.com/US/en/accessories/cooking/gourmet-bbq-system/8835.html?cgid=502#start=1

@ClubChapin  I personally love that grate. I use the vortex a lot and I like being able to take the center out as not to damage the grate. Plus When I use the Wok it works really well.

I know it is a popular grate here. I actually use it with wok and vortex, only because I have it. I could use SS grate with wok and vortex, but wouldn’t want to use a plated one.

I bought it hoping the wok would fit in the open ring, but unfortunately, it sits too low. I use vortex and a wok ring to stir fry.

The accessories are all too small to be useful. I have and use larger CI griddles, CI grates, and pizza stones than will fit in the opening. They just sit on top of a regular grate and work just as well, if not better than the GBS accessories.

I really don’t like it as a daily grate.  The middle falls out anytime I hang it on my grate hanger. It’s a PITA to handle as it is always falling apart.

Some of the inserts are redonculous.
I’m with you on the vortex and wok ring. But I fixed the wok ring to an old charcoal grate that I lay over the GBS Center hole. That way I don’t have to worry about excessive heat on my cooking grates, SS included.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk