Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Waste of Money Accessories  (Read 3024 times)

Lowbrass

• WKC Ranger
Re: Waste of Money Accessories
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2018, 08:13:24 AM »
   Lowbrass how often is this drumstick holder being turned if I'm using the vortex in a 22" kettle. I got two of these with my 26" kettle and see the room.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

I don’t turn the actual rack itself, I’ll spin the legs 180 degrees so the other side is facing the heat.  I don’t own a 26er so I have to arrange the legs so they aren’t directly over the vortex.  I do this by usually filling the side that is farthest from the heat and putting one leg on each end of the side that is closest so when I am finished it somewhat resembles [ around the vortex.
"The Fairway" '74, 22” Turquose, 18" Red C code, 18" Blue DU code x2, Gen 2 Grass Green Performer, 26” Glen Blue, Spring Green, "Bone", Turquose, Blue Wave, Wedgewood Blue, “Smoke”, Crimson and Homer SJGs.  14" and 18" WSM

Grails (HELP!): IMPERIAL GLEN BLUE!

Dc_smoke309

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2018, 10:00:54 AM »

Dishwasher machine works great for cleaning it.. just chuck it in the top rack and it’s like new.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Unless you don’t own a dishwasher, like my family!  Oh wait....I AM the dishwasher! [emoji23]

This sounds oh so familiar in my house as well...... lol

Mike in Roseville

• WKC Performer
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2018, 10:29:48 AM »

*EDIT*

@Dc_smoke309 You right it's a POS. Chicken keeps falling off mine. Rails are too wide for the bone.

That thing is awesome for lollipops and/or crispy skin, especially KFC using the vortex in addition.  Hint: Use foil in the end bone to bulk it up if it is too narrow.

☝️

Foil will keep it from falling off and will prevent the bones (lollipops) from getting too dark.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

qrczak1

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2018, 02:36:03 PM »
Dishwasher machine works great for cleaning it.. just chuck it in the top rack and it’s like new.

It's not SS... 2 times in the dishwasher and you can throw it away...

dbhost

• WKC Brave
    • Daves Workshop Youtube page.
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2018, 06:17:45 PM »
I have this I don't even remember the brand name but it's a fish grilling basket fed is absolutely abysmal at grilling fish the wire is simply too far apart and by the time the fish is done it's falling out into the flames.
3 Kettles. 1998 Daisy Wheel 22.5, 2010 Smokey Joe Silver 14, 2018 Jumbo Joe Premium 22.5.

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2018, 08:02:26 PM »
Meat claws/rakes. Actually makes pulling the meat more difficult than doing it by hand
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

ClubChapin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2018, 10:46:41 AM »
Weber fine mesh basket. Bought it 1,5 year ago. Used it once. IMHO, one of the most useless products of Weber.

I have this and love it. I mostly smoke almonds and cashews in it. Works really well. I think others roast coffee.

Wet and sugary marinades are difficult to clean.

I’ve tumbled chicken wing and vegetables, these are more difficult to clean after than nuts.

On the list to try is popcorn.

ClubChapin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2018, 10:51:58 AM »
IMO, this thing and its accessories are a waste of money. Two piece grate is useless and none of the accessories are better than pieces that you just set on top of a standard grate.

https://www.weber.com/US/en/accessories/cooking/gourmet-bbq-system/8835.html?cgid=502#start=1

ClubChapin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2018, 10:56:03 AM »
This is useless too:
https://www.weber.com/GB/en/accessories/cooking/gourmet-bbq-system/8844.html?cgid=502#start=1

There are much better grate lifters out there.

vwengguy

• WKC Ranger
Waste of Money Accessories
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2018, 10:58:00 AM »

[/quote]

I have this and love it. I mostly smoke almonds and cashews in it. Works really well. I think others roast coffee.

Wet and sugary marinades are difficult to clean.

I’ve tumbled chicken wing and vegetables, these are more difficult to clean after than nuts.

On the list to try is popcorn.
[/quote]

French fries are also great in it! And the kids love to see it and are amazed to see fries coming out of a bbq . Try fries cooked with rosemary and sage !🤤

« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 11:04:31 AM by vwengguy »

ClubChapin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2018, 11:27:21 AM »

French fries are also great in it! And the kids love to see it and are amazed to see fries coming out of a bbq . Try fries cooked with rosemary and sage !🤤

I’ll have to try this. How do you do this?

vwengguy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2018, 11:59:10 AM »
Same as putting salt and pepper or onion salt on fries.  Just mix up a combo of salt and rosemary and sage and sprinkle that on some air fryer/oven fries and let them go for a spin.
You don’t need oil with these and they are faster than cutting fresh tato’s and pre frying them just to cook them again. High heat is what you are looking for. And don’t go cheap in the mix because it’s going to get tossed around and you will always have some loss.

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2018, 12:32:31 PM »
IMO, this thing and its accessories are a waste of money. Two piece grate is useless and none of the accessories are better than pieces that you just set on top of a standard grate.

https://www.weber.com/US/en/accessories/cooking/gourmet-bbq-system/8835.html?cgid=502#start=1

@ClubChapin  I personally love that grate. I use the vortex a lot and I like being able to take the center out as not to damage the grate. Plus When I use the Wok it works really well.
Wife said "No more GRILLS in this house!" So I bought a 2nd house!

ClubChapin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2018, 01:05:39 PM »

@ClubChapin  I personally love that grate. I use the vortex a lot and I like being able to take the center out as not to damage the grate. Plus When I use the Wok it works really well.

I know it is a popular grate here. I actually use it with wok and vortex, only because I have it. I could use SS grate with wok and vortex, but wouldn’t want to use a plated one.

I bought it hoping the wok would fit in the open ring, but unfortunately, it sits too low. I use vortex and a wok ring to stir fry.

The accessories are all too small to be useful. I have and use larger CI griddles, CI grates, and pizza stones than will fit in the opening. They just sit on top of a regular grate and work just as well, if not better than the GBS accessories.

I really don’t like it as a daily grate.  The middle falls out anytime I hang it on my grate hanger. It’s a PITA to handle as it is always falling apart.

Some of the inserts are redonculous.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2018, 01:08:32 PM »

I know it is a popular grate here. I actually use it with wok and vortex, only because I have it. I could use SS grate with wok and vortex, but wouldn’t want to use a plated one.

I bought it hoping the wok would fit in the open ring, but unfortunately, it sits too low. I use vortex and a wok ring to stir fry.

The accessories are all too small to be useful. I have and use larger CI griddles, CI grates, and pizza stones than will fit in the opening. They just sit on top of a regular grate and work just as well, if not better than the GBS accessories.

I really don’t like it as a daily grate.  The middle falls out anytime I hang it on my grate hanger. It’s a PITA to handle as it is always falling apart.

Some of the inserts are redonculous.

Totally agree.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app