Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Charcoal Cherry Picker Review:  (Read 791 times)

vwengguy

• WKC Ranger
Charcoal Cherry Picker Review:
« on: July 24, 2018, 11:37:01 AM »
I got my Charcoal cherry picker from our friends at @ABCBarbecue with some help from @Josh G and I like it [emoji106]🏻
At first I thought that it was just another grabby / tong tool for coals and wondered if it could be better than the $ Dollar store grabby that I had used for the last 2-3 years. But I was pleasantly surprised after using it 2 times.
The hockey stick end of it comes in super handy right after you dump your chimney of searing hot coals and you need to move them around! With the hockey stick curve on it you can save the hair from burning off your knuckles by getting to the coals from the side and not from directly above. Ja.. I know gloves help also but I forget that a lot ;-)
Also during a L&S cook if you need to stir the coals up or move them together for that last kick of heat this tool works great. My old tong tool would end up splitting or crushing the coals but with the broad head on the cherry picker it just slides them around to where I need them.
Let’s talk about the quality .. it’s there and you can feel it. It’s made of SS as you would expect with nice wood grips on it.
It is a lot more than my Dollar Store grabby / tongs but I like it and will use it every time I Barbecue .. and that is almost every day!
I give it a thumbs up [emoji106]🏻

Matt

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 11:56:08 AM by vwengguy »

Big Dawg

• WKC Ranger
Re: Charcoal Cherry Picker Review:
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2018, 12:51:38 PM »
Haven't seen that one yet.  Dave's always coming up with something new ! ! !

BD
The Sultans of Swine
22.5 WSM - Fat Boy
22.5 OTG - Little Man/26.75 - Big Kahuna

mobiledynamics

• Smokey Joe
Re: Charcoal Cherry Picker Review:
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2018, 06:03:57 PM »
LOL. It reminds me of my plating tong I use more than a *regular tong*.  And that I use to Cherry Pick food too !